Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP has schedule for auditing by next week.We have limited 2000 users license for portal environment.We are using EP7.0 ABAP+JAVA stack. UME is ABAP stack.

Since our ume is ABAP stack we need to create the users in 001 client but we have more than 2000 users created.As per the standard practice I have cleaned few users by locking the user id,expire date,and removed the roles.but still i can see the users count in portal.

what is the SAP standard practise for portal user license once the user terminated from the company?

Can we delete the users.

- kristene

3 REPLIES 3

Private_Member_119218
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've never worked directly with the SAP auditors, but from what I've gathered locked AND expired users do not count towards the user total.

It's only an educated guess, however.

Why don't you study the license text? Asides from the legal small print there's bound to be a few technical details.

0 Kudos

Be aware that teh license count primarily looks at the license type assigned to users, so when locking users be sure to adjust that as well!!

0 Kudos

Kristene,

I agrre with Martinsh, I think that expired users and locked ones (only lock code 64 - locked by administrator) does not count as licenses for your system.

Completing this subject take a look also in your license types (if you haven´t already), because I know that you can create license types (in SU01) that you can restrict this and alsoget a price discount for those who are only display access in an example.

Any doubts, let me know.

Regards,

Lucas