cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Documents

former_member699142
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is anyone aware of a tool that can be used to extract project documents out of solution manager into a folder? I am looking for something similar to the Business Blueprint extract, but I want the individual documents, not the single blueprint document. I would also like to be able to select the documents to be extracted based on entered selection criteria, such as owner, last changed, etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can see the change history per tab in the Business Blueprint (Solar01) transaction, if the history is activated in Project Administration (Solar_Project_Admin: Project Standards --> Tabs). You can launch it via the history icon on the tab in Solar01.

Documents are stored in the Knowledge Warehouse. You can search for documents via the menu path "Business Blueprint --> Find Document" or directly on a tab via "Insert Document --> Link to a Solution Manager Document". Each document has a change history itself that you can see via "Attributes" of the document. If you delete a structure element that has documents assigned, the documents are not deleted from the Knowledge Warehouse and you can still use them.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greatly appreciate the response. Perhaps obvious but Knowledge Warehouse, what is that? A virtual name for where the Solution Manager documents are stored or is it something real or physical that can be accessed, other than through the way you described it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

the Knowledge Warehouse is a basis component that can manage documents. It can be accessed via transaction SI80.

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you install Solution Manager, does it automatically come with SAP KW?

Looking at the answer on the question below, I guess I am confused how I can access KW transactions while all the we are using is Solution Manager.

Which components belong to SAP KW?

A minimum installation comprises an SAP Web Application Server release, a content server, a Web server (called Internet Knowledge Server for SAP KW), and a frontend. If you want to use the search functionality, an index server is needed. While we recommend to install the Web AS component for SAP KW on a dedicated machine, the other components can usually (depending on the company requirements) be installed on the same machine.

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

SAP differs two different kinds of Knowledge Warehouse. The first is the "official" release with own version number etc. That what you cite seems to be a description of this kind of KW. Another more basic KW is part of each WebApplication Server or Netweaver installation. Solution Manager uses this second one to store most of the documents (of SolMan Implementation or testing). Unfortunately both KWs are not very compatible to each other (see note #966400). Some more information is available here: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/EN/a4/4f691faacf423db80f286787c5a527/frameset.htm]

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate the link. This is very helpful and clarifying. We were evaluating using KW as our training documentation repository to get all documents including Solution Manager documents in one place. Preferably HTML based.

From what I read in the note that might not be possible as you would loose for instance document history functionality in SM.

As a result SM would be normally on its own database repository and KW on a content server. Please confirm this if you can.

Also I was told that with installing Portal you automatically get KW. We have installed Portal, does this by default mean that this is the content server that the note talks about? Or do you have to have in addition to Portal another content server for KW? When I am trying to create a folder in SI80 through Solution manager I do not seem to have the possibility to do that (it is greyed out). Is that because I should log in through the Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the documentation from Dr. Christoph Roller and Dr. Anja Modler-Spreizer

IBU Consumer Products and Life Sciences it mentions the following:

SAP Solution Manager automatically generates all electronic

records for creating, modifying, or deleting data. These records

are date stamped and time stamped and include the user ID of

the individual who is logged on to the system and who performed

the action. Electronic records also maintain the old and

new values of the change and the transaction used to generate

the record.

My question is, I deleted a row in the structure in the blueprint transaction SOLAR01. I had attached to this row several documents. After I deleted this row, I was wondering where I could find the document history of the deleted attached documents to that row in the structure. I have been unable to retrieve those deleted documents so far.

If it is true what Dr. Christoph Roller and Dr. Anja Modler-Spreizer are saying I should be able to get those documents back. Question is how, as there is no row left (as I deleted it) to look within attributes to get it back.

Does anyone know the answer on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know the answer on the prior question as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

do you have any news if it's possibile to link documents created in Solution Manager to knowledge management (KM)?

Thanks. Regards, Nunzio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

i have the same problem. As a consultant i want to export all Documents to files to carry these with me...

From an unknown source i got the information, that SAP has done something similiar project individual.

That means there is nothing available in SAP standard.

May be we decide to program it by ourselves...

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Were you able to find a solution? I'm interested in doing something similar, like providing links from km to these docs.

Again, how are these documents used within Solution Manager?

Regards,

Kumar