cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i have query that can we connect to sap without configuring sap router ?

if yes pls explaine in details

points must be rewarded

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you just asking for a way to connect to your own SAP systems over the internet? For security reasons you should be using a VPN of some sort to do that. What version of SAP are you running? With ECC 6 you could go with the ITS/Web Dispatcher/Web Gui route, but there's a lot of security considerations there too. Opening your SAP to the internet isn't something lightly done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra Patil,

Do mean OSS1 transaction(Logon to SAPNet),

OSS1 is out of scope for SAP and there is no more support for that.

If SAP wants to connect to our systems we definately need the saprouter to be configured.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Cheers,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pravin,

yes I have a query that withought configuring sap router can we execute OSS1 (or connect to SAP) trough Internet using access list option in our firewall?

pls explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

On April 03, 2006, SAPNet - R/3 Frontend was deactivated as a user interface. SAPNet - R/3 Frontend, which was introduced in 1995 as SAP's Online Service System (OSS), was SAP's first and, for a long time, its only support system, which customers worldwide accessed using transaction OSS1.

Today, the SAProuter connection via transaction OSS1 continues to be used for the following RFC connections:

- Transfer of EarlyWatch Alert data

- Exchange of data using the SAP Notes Assistant

To install and configure this transaction, proceed exactly as follows:

1. Making the technical settings for OSS1

You must configure transaction OSS1 before you can use it. Choose "Parameter" from the menu bar (-> Techn. Settings) and choose "Change".

The technical settings for transaction OSS1 are set by default to Walldorf (sapserv3) with the IP address 147.204.2.5. If this address does not correspond with the entry in your host file, choose the sapserv3 IP address that is valid for you by choosing the menu option "SAPRouter at SAP -> Walldorf".

Furthermore, enter your local SAPRouter information in the "SAPRouter 1" fields. Now save the settings.

After making these changes, the screen for the technical settings should be as follows:

Router data for the logon to SAPNet - R/3 Frontend

-Customer SAPRouters----

-SAPRouter 1----

-SAPRouter 2----

Name my_saprouter

Name

IP Address x.x.x.x

IP Address

Instanc No. 99

Instance No.

----

----

----

-SAPRouter and OSS Message Server at SAP----

-SAPRouter at SAP----

-OSS Message Server----

Name sapservX

Name oss001

IP Address x.x.x.x

DB Name O01

Instance No. 99

Instance No. 01

----

----

----

NOTE:

Replace sapservX with the following values:

sapserv1 (194.117.106.129) connection via Internet VPN

sapserv2 (194.39.131.34) connection via Internet SNC

sapserv3 (147.204.2.5) for customers with connection to Germany

sapserv4 (204.79.199.2) for customers in America

sapserv5 (194.39.138.2) for customers with connection to Japan

sapserv6 (194.39.139.16) for customers in Australia and New Zealand

sapserv7 (194.39.134.35) for customers in Asia

Choose "Start Logon to SAPNet - R/3 Frontend". If the system issues message S1 452, there are errors in the operating system configuration. In this case, see appendix A.

When you install an access authorization file "saprouttab", you should ensure that all of your front ends and R/3 servers can establish a connection to sapserv3, service sapdp99. Appendix E contains examples of saprouttabs. For more information on the SAPRouter, refer to the SAPRouter documentation (Note 30289).

Try it again until the dialog box "Please select a group" appears. If the dialog box "Please select a group" is displayed, the configuration for transaction OSS1 is correct. You can then proceed with the next section.

NOTE:

When you try to log on to SAPNet - R/3 Frontend, the system issues an error message indicating that you are no longer allowed to log on to SAPNet - R/3 Frontend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

More over OSS1 will not work, since SAP stopped OSS1.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi pravin ,

thanks for guide me, I got that we will not get support of OSS1

If router gets failed,

but my Q is that can I get the access of SAP server (DEV,PRD,IDES) Remotely trough Internet,(not configuring the router)?

pls Suggest me

Regards

Gajendra