cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Table EVENT(EPCF) to get the record ids

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to trigger an EPCF event from MDM standard result set iview and need to capture the recordids of all the record present in the table in my customised webdynpro application.I have to later read them to an excel sheet.(the code for which i already have)

I am trying table type EPCF eventing for that and later passing [Search] as parameter but i am not able to get this search object and it seems to be a futile approach.

Please anyone of you can tell me the method to retrieve all records from resultset Iview to my dynpro application.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

You are correct in that you cannot pass a list of ID's from the Result Set iView. This is by design and the reasoning behind it is that there could be thousands or even hundreds of thousands of records in a Result Set, and this would make passing them in a JavaScript function or URL unrealistic.

However, since the ResultSet is always the result of a search, you can pass the "search" to your custom application and recreate the result set there. The only caveat is as follows:

Prior to MDM 5.5 SP6 P2, the iViews were based on the MDM4J API. So if your version of MDM is pre-SP6 Patch 2, you must use the function Search.setArchive() of MDM4J.

From MDM 5.5 SP6 Patch 2, the iViews are based on the MDM Java API, and so you should use the function Search.deserialize() of MDM Java API.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Walter ..Can you tell me which type of object would collect my parameter in webdynpro's action .Like I am passing from the portal the parameter as [search] in table event.In webdynpro I am collecting it in string which is like 0.0.T1.0.0.0.0.1.F213_54.8.8

From this I can understand that it contains field codes and all.I even tried to collect the parameter in a data type of MDM.Search object but then it gives me null pointer exception.Any help please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to pass this string to the Search.deserialize() method. You can then use the search in a GetLimitedRecordsCommand() in order to recreate the result list from the passing iView.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ...It just works fine..

Cheers!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinay, Hello Walther,

After reading your Wiki, I am very interested in this scenario. As a pre-work, the EPCF Eventing has been added to the Result Set iView. In the Web Dynpro application you described, I can catch the Search strings. In your Wiki, you refer to several screens and source code fragments. Unfortunately, they have been deleted. Is ist maybe possible to send this to me or to publish this?

Thanks in advance

Carsten

Points are definitly deserved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Please post the link of the Wiki you are referring to.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Walther,

Thank you for your answer.

This is the link to the WIKI mentioned: [https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/uIOUAQ]

Best regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps Vinay can edit the blog and add the relevant portions of source code.

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

I need to capture the Search Criteria in my MDM Detail iView.

My requirement is exactly the same. I have opened a new thread here :

Anticipating a reply.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Edited by: Subramanian Venkateswaran on Aug 19, 2008 12:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have my article published on this please check..and thanks a lot to Walter for his help