SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

can anyone tell me , how we can convert textfile in migration format.

pls reply ASAP.

Thanx & Rgds

Pradeep Sharma

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You should format the file before uploading it. This means either you format it using the extraction program, or use a separate file to convert the extracted data into necessary format.

Bogdan

0 Kudos

Thanx bogdan,

can u tell me that extraction program.

pls reply ASAP.

Thanx & Rgds

Pradeep Sharma

0 Kudos

There is no standard extraction program. Legacy systems are not based on the same platform, database structure and so on.

Usually, the client is responsible for the extraction program, since they know the structure and information contained in legacy systems. Consultant's task would to describe the file format for the migration file, test and solve the errors.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

can you more specify your needs to convert text representation of data migration file to native binary emigall format?

0 Kudos

thanx radim,

actaully i have legacy data in text . i want convert that data in migration format .

i want convert text file in following format.

786786 INIT MKK 103 01 103

786786 VK DEMO

786786 VKP 103 103 CCG1 01 01 TG01 PT01 0001 01 INDS IS_U_BILL 1 JSCO

786786 &ENDE

0 Kudos

OK

now its clear for me, and this is like Bogdan wrote. SAP consultant is responsible for define text structure for migration through EMIGALL. And he know how are customize migrations objects. And he set every field of migrations structures.

Other things is that there is very big problem to know which data is relevant from legacy system (that's in database, text files or some other sources) for SAP data migrations file.

So you are responsible for transfer data between some legacy source system to SAP through EMIGALL?

0 Kudos

What is the format for that text file? Do you have all necessary information in it, and you only want to try to put it into adequate format? Or you also need conversions, let's say for contract account type from X to 03 (I'm guessing you are trying to migrate contract accounts)?

Bogdan

0 Kudos

thanx Bogdan & radim.

i have all the necessary information in text file related to PREMISE in squence one by one . i just want convert that text file in migrate form .

my text file is

10000033 DEMO PREMISE

10000044 DEMO PREMISE1

and now i want convert this file in migrate form that is

202124 EVBSD 10000033 DEMO PREMISE

202124 &ENDE

202124 EVBSD 10000044 DEMO PREMISE1

202124 &ENDE

i hope u you will be able to understand my requirment.

0 Kudos

Yes i understand your needs.

You can use many free tools for text processing or some very usefull solutions. Or you can use some proprietar own developed programs e.g. in C, C#, VB ....

My preferred solutions is using UNIX text processing tools named AWK or windows version GAWK (GNU AWK). Or combination PERL and DATABASE for some more complex solutions, that needs many other transformations of source data from legacy systems to SAP EMIGALL.

BR

i hope that's will help you

0 Kudos

Pradeem,

The format you need to supply to emigall in order to successfully convert is (for your example):

202124 EVBSD 10000033 DEMO PREMISE

202124 &ENDE

202124 EVBSD 10000044 DEMO PREMISE1

202124 &ENDE

This data should be tab delimited.

This is then converted by emigall into a binary format.

As you can see, the format you need to supply is basically:

<OLD_KEY> <DATA_TYPE> <FIELD1> <FIELD2> ....

You can find the exact format for each object easily:

• Manually enter data for one example in emigall itself

• Use the download option to download the created data

• This file is now in the correct import format!

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

And in the EMIGALL menu Utilities -> Structurr Display -> Display customer structure you can view your customer data migration structure of selected migration object.

BR