cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale order quntity is getting confirmed only if stor. location is given ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a peculiar scenario where in quanity in sale order is getting confirmed only if the storage location is manually given at the item level in shipping tab. If I remove the storage location , the confirmed quantity is set back to 0 .

This is happening for only one particular material !!

I compared the material master record with other materials behaving normally and couldn't make out any difference.

Could someone help me in identifying the problem ?

Regards

Mahesh ....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is that material maintained only in that storage location. There is every chance of some development in programming in this regard. Please think on that lines also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

Goto OVL3 --> assign Sloc here

Also in SPRO>LOGISTICS EXECUTION>SHIPPING>PICKING>DETERMINE PICKING LOCATION-->Define Rules for Picking Location Determination.

Here you have to assign the MALA rule to your delivery type

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi ,

All that basic configuration has been taken care of . This issue is with only one particular material nd not any delivery type and it is at sales order stage . Only if I give the storage location in the sales order the quantity is getting confirmed. When I remove it, quantity is set to 0 ..

Any ideas ?

Mahesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

Ensure that for that particular material when you create sale order, plant flows. Storage location will not flow automatically if plant is missing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi ,

Plant is flowing, there is no problem with that . Even when I try to change an old sales order that is open by removing the storage location ( this is manually given at the time of order creation in order to confirm quantity for this particular material ) , confirmed quantity value in item - schedule line is set to 0 when I re-enter storage location , the quantity again gets confirmed .

I hope I am more clear now ...

Regards

Mahesh...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh

Really not sure why for a particular material, storage location is not flowing into your sale order. You can try this. Go to material master, select MRP2 view and maintain the required storage location in "Prod.stor.location" field.

Of course, you need to compare each and every field with other material in material master which is missing for the problematic material. Definitely some data is missing and that is why for that particular material, you are facing this problem.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi