Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,We are using BW 3.5 . We are having a requirement to restrict reports on profit center hierarchies . I wanted to know if there is an easier way to build the security other than having to create one role per nodes . Also we need restriction based on profit centers for plannning related things .. Please suggest me the best approach to do this .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Speak to your BW team about the possibility of using variables for this.

In summary, you can automatically populate selected authorisation fields with data from another source e.g. lookup table populated with data extracted from R/3.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Speak to your BW team about the possibility of using variables for this.

In summary, you can automatically populate selected authorisation fields with data from another source e.g. lookup table populated with data extracted from R/3.

0 Kudos

Hi Can you help me with moe information on this for populating the values specially how it will work with hierarchies

0 Kudos

Hi , Can anyone please help me with the user exit name . that is used for the picking authorisation from lookup tables

0 Kudos

These are questions you should be asking your BW team.

To get you going, take a look at user exit RSR00001

loads of info here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59069d90-0201-0010-fd81-d5e...

Most important thing from a security point of view is to work out if the effort to do this is less than creating a standard security based solution