cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create a file when that file already exists, but should overwrite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need the same file name which is at Sender side and when it reaches to Receiver directory without timestamp.

for eg., Sender side : Yeswanth.txt

and also receiver side : Yeswanth.txt

but, here it should overwrite the existing file (because, the sender side file name is always constant) at receiver directory when the job schedules for each time.

Processing parameters i has given on Receiver side:

File Construction Mode : Create

put file : Use Temporary File

and I enabled the Adapter Specific Message Attributes at Sender side and Receiver side.

Error getting receiver side at communication channel :

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException:

Yeswanth.txt: Cannot create a file when that file already exists. : com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550

Yeswanth.txt: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Reward points for useful answers.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

Edited by: YeswanthRaj Kumar on May 23, 2008 8:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for your valuable time to spent with me.

Finally, the file been overwrite at Receiver directory..

I has stopped the services and again i started the communication channel.

The problem get solved.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth

Then you can try with a "Add Counter". This will create new file each time with the same name but a counter will be added to the file name at the end specifying the number of times it is created.

You can also the specify the format to create the counter once select this option u can correspondingly fill the Format and step fields.

Will this be fine.

Regards

Ashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth

Why dont you try to set the File construction mode in Receiver side as "Create" and then check the "overwrite existing file" option.

Regards

Ashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmi,

Same i did the Receiver side, but still the error is coming.

Regards,

Yeswanth.

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth

Check, if you have write access on the given path? Are you able to create file if no file is existing on the given path?

Thanks

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Activate Use adapter specific message attributes in sender and receiver communication channel.

Thanks,

maheshwari morbale

former_member8655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yeswanth

Why dont you try to set the sender file adapter in delete mode?it is again something similar to you overwrite mode(finallly the old is going to get washed out).

Thanks

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mitesh,

I has given the sender file adapter is mode is "Delete" only.

But, i need to overwrite the file at Receiverside.

Because, if already i had the same file name in Receiver Directory then should overwrite otherwise, it should create with the new one (with the same file name as per sender side).

Regards,

Yeswanth.