cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture a screen shot in a eCATT script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to capture a screen shot or at lease the content of the screen shot in a eCATT script. Note we are on 6.4.

As a sale order is created, a pop up screen is shown to show subscription information about line items on the sales order.

This subscription pop up screen will have at lease 1 line item, and the line item will contain 5 fields. I am looking for a way to capture the information in these fields in a some what easy to read format.

In the eCATT script I have used the GETGUI and CHECHGUI commands, but using these make it hard to view the results in the log file. Maybe if there was a way to export these values to either a word doc or excel spreadsheet. That would be very helpful for this and other things as well.

Thanks

Rudy

Message was edited by: Rudolph Ackerman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, is there a way to export values to a word doc or excel spread sheet. If yes then I could use GETGUI to grab the contents of each field and and rebuild the screen in word or excel.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not directly. However, if you stored the field names and values in an internal table in your script, you could use inline ABAP to download the contents to a text file (class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I will give that a try, could you point me to something that might provide an example of how to do build the internal table in the script.

Also an example of the Inline ABAP would be helpful as well.

Thanks

Rudy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I have tried the screen capture - i am using solman 4.0 - and i see folder being created but no file in it. the folder is empty - I have checked all the screen capture option on the execution screen.

Thanks

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

there seems to be a problem with the hardcopy function in the current version of SAP GUI 6.40. Should be fixed in patch 23.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried SAP GUI scripting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you use the ctr y ctrl c ctrl v feature of the gui and paste all that in excel, notepad or whatever?

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I left out a major detail, sorry

I need to do this inside an eCATT script, while it's running.

Sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rudy,

This is not available in eCATT 6.40 but we have included it in NetWeaver 2004s (Web AS 7.00). This will make it available, for example, with Solution Manager 4.0.

It has been implemented as a start option that you can set when you execute the script. The screenshots are stored as bitmaps on your workstation.