cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Z transaction in SRM portal !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SRM Gurus,

I am new to SRM and have to create a new custom 'Z' transaction and have a complex requirement to build.

The following steps I think needs to be followed:

1) Creating the custom transaction in SRM SAP GUI system (Module Pool Programming).

2) Creating internet service for this above transaction from SE80. Saving and Publishing this internet service on web.

I am not sure about the second step whether it will be ITS / BSP / or Webdynpro screens.

Please your inputs will be very helpful.

BR,

Chirag Mehta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

(extract from other thread)

You can create a custom transaction in SRM in the same way as you do in R/3 thru tcode SE93.However if you want the HTML look and feel as all the SRM transactions in WEB then you need to create an ITS service for that transaction.

The simplest way would be to create a z transaction and provide the link for that transaction in the Menu for the SRM roles.

For deatils,pls see the foll threads:

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create the module pool application in the normal way as we do in R/3.

Now if you need to quickly provide this transaction as a web link in the SRM screen,you can add it in the MENU of any of the std roles.So all the users who have that role attched to their user ID's will be able access/execute that transaction from SRM web.

The only problem here is the look and feel .It will be same as the WINGUI screen when you login to SRM system.Only it will be shown in the SRM protal.

See the foll thread for details;

If you need a more finished look(more concerned abt the UI rather then application use),you can create a BSP /Web dynrpo application instead of module pool and publish the same on SRM Web portal.

You have lots of threads on SDN custom applications using these recent technologies .Pls see the below links for more pointers;

web dynpro -->

BSP-->(contains links to BSP tutorials).

I have only worked previously on the module screen transactions and published them on the web which easy and less time consuming.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Disha,

Thanks for your reply. I will confirm with my client if they are ok with WINGUI. Can you please answer the below queries?

I have created a test u2018zu2019 transaction to assign to a role. Can you please let me know if I have to create a new role or use an existing one? If I have to create new one then how to do it? Which type of role to create (Role or Composite Role)? How to assign that u2018zu2019 transaction to the role?

Can you please let me know your contact number if you are ok so that I can speak with you 1 time and understand how exactly to do the above assignment of tcode to role?

Thanks,

Chirag.