Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DBA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I got a one issue please help to asap

I am getting the below warning in SAPDBACHECK.... SAP help has metioned the below mentioned action....Now my question " is this warning going to effect the consistancy of the datafile" also if max_extn is reduced to avoid the warning will there be any effect on the "database performance"....(space is available in file system)

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/PR1/sapdata1/cad640_5/cad640.data5, value: (max_extn) 8192000 KB (> 6331892 KB)

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/PR1/sapdata1/cadusr_1/cadusr.data1, value: (max_extn) 9216000 KB (> 6331892 KB)

BR0970W Database administration alert - level: WARNING, type: CRITICAL_FILE, object: /oracle/PR1/sapdata1/system_1/system.data1, value: (max_extn) 8192000 KB (> 6331892 KB)

Critical autoextendable file [BRCONNECT]

Cause: There are data files with an activated auto extend feature that would consume the entire remaining free disk space if extended. A check is made to see whether the file system can be brought to overflow, due to the existing parameter setting (NEXT and MAXSIZE) during the automatic file extension.

Action: Add more space to the file system or reduce the autoextendparameters

Thanks for all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Action: Add more space to the file system or reduce the autoextendparameters

the easier way would be to add space to the file system...extend the existing file system(s)...

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

add space to your file system,or reduce the next extent.