cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict number of rows to be displayed in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to display n rows in a table which is output from a query which gives x rows....x>n....is there any way to do this ??

I tried 'No of rows property ' in the table properties..but that just changes the structure of the output table i.e. only 5 rows will be available in the table structure but scroll down option comes if no of rows > 5.....

Regards

Anshul Bhat

SAP BI,VC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

If you want to just display the upper records then, have you tried using the "upper" operator between the data service and the table, in the compose task panel?

I think you should be able to see the reqd records.

Let me know if its helpful

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vani ,

Sorry for the late reply..... it solved the problem....+ u dont have to use the sort operator also ..... points assigned ...

Regards

Anshul Bhat

SAP BI,VC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you can do.

Clcik on the output port of the Data service from which you are getting the data and go for configure panel.

Change capacity of that port to required No.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Govindu

Thanks for ur quick reply...well i had tried that option before also but that does not change the output m stl getin all the rows....

k can u tell me how to display top 5 elements from a dataservice.... that is essentially what i intend to do..... so i thot of first arranging the output in descending order and then display just 5 rows in the table .....hope u understand what my requirement is ....

Thanks again !!

Regards

Anshul Bhat

SAP BI,VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should work once you are restricting the capacity of the out put port then it should provide that much rows only otherwise its a Bug.

Alternativily you are tellin to disaply using sorting then add a Sort operator to the output port and the display ur output port in down order.

But first option should work just check it again.

On which SP u r working?

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Govindu

m working on SP-14..... wt u say ...is it a bug ???

any other way to get the desired output..

Regards

Anshul Bhat

SAP BI,VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am saying if the capacity option is not working then it will be a Bug for SP14 that I had told but i should verify ur model to confirm this

Could u send ur model to govindunagotla at gmail.com

Regards,

govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes you can use Upper operator to dispaly only Upper Recoerds.

Regards,

Govindu