cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the RFID tag Numbers from RFID device to SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frndz,

I'm an ABAPer i have a requirement that to connect a RFID device with SAP...we don't have XI or AII or Netviewer .....i have seen som of the threads that v can use only XI , AII, Netviewer.... is there any possible way to connect the device with sap using ABAP.....and one information is my RFID device is THINGMAGIC and it is using java to read the tags....so i need the steps to link rfid device and SAP through ABAP or give some solution how to integrate it.

Thanks,

Arunprasad.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun ,

SAP offers multiple options for connecting RF-linked mobile terminals to the SAP . SAPConsole and WebSAPConsole, and now ITSMobile are the most common methods in use today. Each of these solutions is designed for within-the-four-walls applications and assumes an always-on RF link back to SAP R/3.

SAPConsole translates SAPGUI pages into text-only pages for character-based terminals.

WebSAPConsole and ITSMobile provide a similar interface but maintain the SAPGUI look for mobile terminals running Windows CE or other graphics-capable operating systems.

In SAPConsole RF Devices connect through a standard RF access point to a dedicated WindowsNT/2000 server running both SAPConsole and Telnet protocol. Each client has a unique log-in ID that is established in SAP R/3 but which can be maintained via RF once it has been established

Access to WebSAPConsole is essentially the same as with SAPConsole except that server is a web server, running Microsoft IIS or SAPu2019s own Web Application Server (WAS).

Reward points if helpfull.

Thanks ,

Syed Quadri.