Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profit Center - Mark For Deletion

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I created one profit center and i have not used this profit center in any postings.But When i am using t code KE54 to delete profit centers, iam getting an error message in the status bar as

"A profit center scenario is active in new General Ledger Accounting"...

I want to set the deletion mark for this Profit center..

Can anyone help me on this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karl..Thanks for your reply..I am not finding the option "Execute Checks" in the transaction OKE2.

Could you please tell me the path,how to find this option and how to disable it.....?

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

which release?

Regards

Karl

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

We are using the release SAP ECC 6.0 Version.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attached a screenshot from one of our ECC 6.0 test systems.

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karl,

Thanks for your reply..

I was using the wrong transaction.

Instead of 0KE2..iam using OKE2......

The issue is resolved....

Thanks once again..

Regards,

Prashanth.G

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer..Your answer is helpfull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting Profit Centers (Individual Processing)

You can delete a profit center in the Profit Center Accounting application menu, under Master Data u2192 Profit Center u2192 Individual Processing u2192 Delete (KE54).

Prerequisites

Before deleting the profit center, the system carries out a number of checks.

The profit center cannot be deleted if transaction data has already been posted to it and/or the

profit center is assigned to the following objects:

• Cost centers

• Materials

• Business processes

Assignments to other object types, however, do not prevent you from deleting the profit center.

Only delete profit centers which you have never used productively, or have not used for a number of business periods. Should you decide to remove a profit center from

the system which has already been used operatively, as you no longer need it, use the transaction Change profit center and restrict the future validity period of the profit center.

Procedure

1. Choose to mark the profit center for deletion.

The system gives the profit center the status deletion inactive. The active status of the profit center, which can receive postings, is not yet deleted however. You can

switch between the active and inactive status of the profit center by choosing .

2. Should you decide to reverse the previous step, choose Edit u2192 Remove Inactive Version.

3. The system does not delete the profit center entirely until you active the deletion by choosing Activate. The system now carries out the checks mentioned above. However, you can also carry out these checks before activation, by choosing "check".

PRASANTH_GOP9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

Thanks for your reply..

When I choose the mark for deletion push button, the system is giving the error message "A profit center scenario is active in new General Ledger Accounting".

I think this error is being displayed because of configuration in New GL accounting.

I hope the profit center which is created is in active status in new GL accounting(as per the error message).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is correct. If a profit center scenario is active in new GL, deletion via KE54 is disabled. You can only delete via 0KE2 with the option u201CExecute Checksu201D disabled. But please use this TA with extreme caution.

Regards

Karl