cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Standard Web Dynpro DC to a different DC for customization - possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a perculiar scenario where our EP and R/3 backend is shared by 2 different companies.

while most of the ESS business function betwn the 2 companies are similar, but they have 1 particular differences (leave package) and requires customization/enhancemnt of that particular Web Dynpro DC.

Company A want to keep the leave ESS standard.

Company B want to enhance leave ESS.

While building a customized ESS from scratch is tedious, we are looking at the possibility of copying the original ESS leave WD DC into another DC of a different name/package and continue our enhancement on the copied DC so we can still keep the original intact.

We have tried it with a customized DC without issue but I want to know if this is possible for standard ESS WD business package (eg. sap.comesslea package)?

eg.

- check out from NWDI and export sap.comesslea package.

- import back and rename it to sap.comesslea2

- deploy and check-in to NWDI.

Run the wd app from sap.comesslea2 and it will still run with all the dependencies from other sap.comess* components.

Possible?

Thanks in advance. Points will be awarded for any useful advise/suggestions.

Regards,

Jansen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jansen,

It is not possible.

sap.comesslea is a standerd package which is already present at serve.

if you create and deploy sap.comesslea2 on server. Then when you'll run your application it will throw a exception(some version releted error) because of two refernces. sap.comesslea2 and sap.comesslea for same libraries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Snehal,

Has anyone actually tried and failed?

My gut feeling is it's possible but very difficult.

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Here is an hint for you.

I tried this thing for my application. But is a special case.

There is a problem of standerd package on clients server.And application was unable to refer it. And when i used an external project and deployed it. my application crashed. because of ambiguity i think so.

One thing i did is . Add my modified project of standerd package as a library refernce in web dynpro.

so that by force my application refer to my customized package rather than standerd one.

Note.1. in my case this thing works because already there is a problem at standerd package on clients server.

2. Even my application runs on server where this problem does not exist. but still i have doubts.

3. there is one SAP note available to change refrence using command prompt of SAP server.

do this and let me know...

Answers (0)