cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change a message from type information to error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using a BDC to change the request delivery date of sales order lines. But we may meet the situation that for a selected line, because some inventory movements are doing, the ATP checking can not be fulfilled. But because system only hints an information type message, we can catch this problem in customized BDC program. The message system raised is "No availability check can be carried out for material NTN095UF Message no. V1082".

To improve this situation, I wonder if we can change the message type of this message to an error. Or anything else can we do? Please suggest on it. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hao,

if you want to change the mesage type from information to an error go to OVAH , and change the category of your message to error(E). (category is the last tab with option no message/warning/error)

rewards if helpful

regards,

krishna prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know it. But the question is the message I want to change is not listed in OVAH. How can I do it?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robbie

Yes I have also checked and understood that the warning message is written in programme

FV45VF0B_BEDARF_LESEN

which is a standard SAP include programme and cannot be modified.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

try SE91 --message maintainance

0 Kudos

We are trying to change the message type for V4019 from Information to Error, but the program you mentioned - FV45VF0B_BEDARF_LESEN - only refers to message class V1. How do we brin gV4-019 into OVAH to change the message type to E (Error)?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robbie

Go to OVAH, click on "Position" tab and maintain V1 in "Area" and 082 in Message and execute. Now select the said message no. and on the right side already W would be there in your case. Change it to E and save. Now retry.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member294729
Participant
0 Kudos

I think we just can modify message type for V4 area in OVAH.

How do you think about.

Eric xu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The only area I can see in OVAH is "V4". And message V4082 is "Take minimum order quantity &1 &2 into account in item &3". So, how can I change V1082?