cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Key: Differentiate PS06 from PS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I want to know the difference between the control key of "PS06" and "PS01".

Somebody may help me. Thanks in advance.

Furthermore, it will be more appreciated that other useful tips for the control key of network-activitie are provided.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

I compared the two control keys (OPSU), basically they are same but for one difference ie Confirmation is reqd in case of PS01whereas not possible in PS06. It seems logical to me.

Control key is reqd to differentiate between activities and control parameters. PS01 is internal act and PS06 Act replaced by PM order. You can assign PM order to network activity of control key PS01 also but if you want to differentiate the activities which are specifically created for assigning PM order and no other reason, you can create by PS06.

In case of such activities, they will just serve as a link between Project and PM order hence confirmations will take place in order itself so it is better to restrict confirmation at activity level.

Hope this helps. Find below what SAP says about control key:

The control key determines which business transactions are carried out when an activity is processed. You specify the indicators and keys for the various functions in the control key.

Example

The capacity planning indicator controls that the capacity requirements for the activity and activity element are calculated.

The costing indicator controls that the activity and activity element are costed.

The general costs activity indicator specifies that the activity is a general costs activity or that the activity element is a cost element.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4c/2260f246e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Answers (0)