cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up automatic storage type search during TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please teach me how to set up automatic storage type search and storage bin search during TO creation.

Many thanks for your help.

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi let me explain you the basic logic of storage type search used by system (SAP) during putaway and picking of materials ...

1) First system looks the storage type ind. assigned to material master

2) System also check whether any fixed bin assigned to material master or not

3) based on the above information control goes to storage search table and it seach the storage type based on following parameters..

a) system checks the material category

b) system checks mvt type references

c) system check storge classes also

d) WPC classes also checked

e) system also check storage type ind..

based on the above information defined in search table system purposed the correct storage type based on the sequence defined for putaway and picking movment...

Once the storage type selected then system search the correct bin according to the putaway and picking strategy defined for the storage type also system check following setting before purposing the bins

1) storage type linked to storage unit type

2) storage unit type linked to storage bin type...

during putaway mvt system also consider the capacity check defined and the cross line putway strategy

hope now you will get good idea and can setup your storage type tabel

Regards,

Ashish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

In OMLY T-code , select Determine Search Sequence.Then select the Select your Warehouse Number.You will multiple enteries for your warehouse, you need to select combination of your warehouse number with operation type and then enter the storage types in which the system has to search while doing a putaway or stock removal etc.,

For Storage Bin Search also you can follow the same steps.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Krishna