cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirnation functionality for Quality Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

Currently I have the requirement to be able to post a GR coming from a confirmation in SRM 5.5 to the Quality Stock in ECC 6.0. So it is possible to manage this kind of posting from SRM? or it is any options you could suggest to me?? I am interested specially in to things:

1.- In R3 the system shows an alert based on the material in order to inform the user that a material requires a certificate of quality or that needs to be posted into the quality stock. This message should be send in SRM when we create a confirmation.

2.- From SRM it is required for certain materials to post into the quality stock.

Hope you can provide me with some tips about this requirements.

Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am not too sure about the first issues, but for the second, can you not set the "Post to Inspection Stock" flag on the purchasing view of the material master?

That should make the POs set automatically to post to quality stock.

If you can tell me a bit more about how the first issue works in R/3 I might be able to help with that too.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave,

I will try your suggestion and see if it is the solution to my requirement. For the other issue I will try to explain a little more in detailed. Hope you can suggest me something.

When you configure the Material on the material master into the "Quality Management" view, you can set a field called "Certificate Type" with a value of the quality certificate type to be expected coming from the supplier when you post the GR in R3. this field is on the procurement data section in the quality management view.

When you set the "certificate type" field and you create a GR on the MIGO for this material, you must set the Flag called "Certificate Enclosed" on the "Purchase Order Data" section to YES otherwise the system shows up an error message asking you to do this.

So the requirement is if it is possible to do something like this when you create de Confirmation in SRM before send it to the ERP.

Thanks

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I do not know if this is possible to turn on as standard in SRM, if anyone else knows please let us know.

However, if you have a look at note 672960 (SRM 4 and up) or note 458591 (earlier version) it tells you how to create a custom field on the confirmation in SRM.

You can call this anything you like, and if you make the data element type SRMYESNO it should be the right type for you.

Regards,

Dave.