SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between the regular material master and the IS-Oil & Gas master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

i wanted to know the difference between the regular material master and the IS-Oil & Gas material master.

is there any difference between the fields and the tabs?? or are there any new industry specific fields and tabs ???

please let me know any other differences too that may be relevant for one to know from the point of view of a implementation consultant

thanks

ajit bhat

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello There,

>

> i wanted to know the difference between the regular material master and the IS-Oil & Gas material master.

>

> is there any difference between the fields and the tabs?? or are there any new industry specific fields and tabs ???

>

> please let me know any other differences too that may be relevant for one to know from the point of view of a implementation consultant

>

> thanks

>

> ajit bhat

Hi Ajit,

One major difference i am aware of is,

It has got a new tab called Oil Specific view which is not present in regular material master.

This view majorly contains two important pieces of information

1) UoM Group 2) Coversion group

Oil being a volatile material and volume changes with temperature we maintain this conv group to convert the volume for various conditions and UoM is Unit of measures permissible.

The second imp part is

1) ED Group 2) Oil COntent

Oil is liable for Excise duty depending upon quantity of oil content in the product also ED group decides whether a particular product is liable for Excise Duty if so how much.

Reward if Helpful

-ABhishek