cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Tables Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I would like to know if possible to avoid duplicates in a Qualified table. When you create a qualified table you can set several things. firstly you can set if fields inside the qualified table are Non Qualifiers or Qualifiers and furtheremore you can set some field properties like display field...and unique field.

I realized that you can put 2 iqual records inside of a qualified table.

I would like to know how i can make so that there are not duplicate records inside the qualified table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Qualified table in MDM are designed in such a way so as to store data of fields that will have multivalues or dependent data(Non-Qualifeirs determining the Qualifiers).

So it is possible that a single main table record will have multivalued qualifier rec.It is not looked as a duplicate but rather multiple values for one rec.

Eg: A material rec may have a single base unit of measure but it can have multiple alternate unit of measure.so this can of data is stored in Qualified table.

If you have creted a link with the main table rec and Qualified table rec for one Qualified table rec then you must use UPDATE QUALIFIED lINKS.

This will update the existing links with the new links.IF you want new links to be attached then use APPEND LINKS which is the default value.

You will find these options in the Configuration options in the Import manger.

Hope it helps

Kindly Reward points if found useful

Thanks & Reagrds

Simona

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem can certainly exist if you are trying to replicate "company code" or some other type of extension in R/3. An easy way to solve this is by using the standard iViews, this configuration can be achieved. However, if your users aren't using EP as a front-end, I'm not sure of a good way to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

=

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

Here is the example how you can eliminate the duplicates by using a qualified table

first the main table of product records shown in the figure below that contains sparse quantity pricing data for each product.

SKU Name 1-9 1-24 1-49 10-24 25-49 50-99

113 Widget $3.51 $3.48 $3.44 $3.40

114 Wrench $8.75 $8.30 $7.99

115 Bearing $5.12 $4.80

Using a qualifier to store the quantity pricing data, the qualified table would have a single field Quantity and a single qualifier Price, and would contain the quantity records shown in the figure below.

Pricing:

Quantity [Price]

1-9

1-24

1-49

10-24

25-49

50-99

A qualified lookup field in the main table would replace all of the quantity price fields, and the pricing data would be stored as qualifier values associated with main table/qualified table links, as shown in figure below.

SKU Name Lookup [Pricing]

113 Widget 1-9; $3.51

10-24; $3.48

25-49; $.344

50-99; $3.40

114 Wrench 1-24; $8.75

25-49; $8.30

50-99; $7.99

115 Bearing 1-49; $5.12

50-99; $4.80

A main table/qualified table link is created only for those product/quantity combinations for which a price value actually exists.

So!, finally we can conculde this as ONLY THING THAT NEEDS TO TAKE CARE IS THAT THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMON DATA INVOVLED IN ANY OF THE COLUMN, IF THERE IS ANY COMMON DATA - THAT NEEDS TO BE CREATED CREATE IT WITH A NEW COLUMN.

Thanks,

Suresh