cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Explain me in detail abt the Email Adapter & How to configure the Email Adapter?.

Thanks,

Soumya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mail Adapter

Purpose

The mail adapter enables you to connect e-mail servers to the Integration Server or the PCK.

The receiver mail adapter converts XI messages to e-mails and uses the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) or the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) to transfer them to the e-mail server. The sender mail adapter uses the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) or the Post Office Protocol Version 3 (POP3) to collect e-mails and convert them to XI messages.

If an e-mail server is communicating with the mail adapter, you can configure security settings to encrypt/decrypt and sign/verify messages. Here, message security is based on the S/MIME internet standard (Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension.

Configuring the Sender Mail Adapter

Use

You configure the sender mail adapter to convert e-mails to XI messages.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/23/c093409c663228e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Configuring the Receiver Mail Adapter

Use

You configure the receiver mail adapter to convert XI messages to e-mails.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Thanks,

Satya

Edited by: SATYA KUMAR AKKARABOYANA on May 22, 2008 6:00 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

If you wish to receive an email, make sure that the email address of the receiver is maintained in transaction SU01 and the communication method should be maintained as E-Mail and also if for the chosen method the SAP connect settings (TA SCOT) are correctly maintained. Mails can be sent via E-Mail (Internet) or Remote Mail. Also check the SAP connect default domain.

To Check SAPConnect default domain: TCODE: SCOT -> Setting -> Default Domain

Ask your admin to do the same. And maintain the receiver mail adapter parameters accordingly.

Regards,

Siri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have configured the Receiver Mail Adapter as specified. But I am unable to send the email. Are there any additional settings that need to be done to send the email?

Regards,

Soumya