cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS Startup fail with MSCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have trouble when start SCS instance on MSCS environment.

Sometime it failed to start and SAP Cluster resource goes down.

In this case, under <Drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\SCS<Instance No>\work, only sapstartsrv.log, sapstart.log are writed and some logs are writed but no error messages found.

no dev_ms, dev_enqXX are writed.

And in EventViewer, two types of message are recorded.

SAPRC: StartSapCOM failed. NT Error: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread.

GetSAPControlInterface failed. NT Error: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread.

DB:MS SQL Server 2005

SAP Application:EP7.0(SPS14)

Does anyone have any idea of this situation?

Regards,

Kazuma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found OSS Note1043592 and the problem was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed same problem on our System (new install). EP 7.0 on Windows with Oracle.

Can you tell me the location where you can download NTCLUST.SAR in patches section?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NT cluster bits are available under the same place as you download the kernel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can download ntclust.sar from Serice Marketplace.

Go http://service.sap.com/swdc and click "Search for Support Packages and Patches" in left pane,

then serch with terms "ntclust". (If you enter ntclust.sar, then no results will be returned)

Several versions of ntclust_<XXX>.sar will be returned.

reguards,

Kazuma Suzuki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kazuma. I did search with ntclust.sar, no results displayed.

I searched again with ntclust, as suggested by you and found the sar file. I am downloading the unicode version of X64.

Another doubt, this file is slightly bigger (15 kb) than the one I have from the SR2 Instn Master CD.

Is there any reason, I can't use the ntclust.sar file from the SR3 NW Inst Master CD?

I appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Chandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kazuma,

Even I faced the same issue and it got resolved after applying the  OSS note as mentioned by you.

Many Thanks and let me know how to award points to you. I am a newbee to this forum.