cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Suppler Name and Supplier ID in SRM-MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am currently trying to configure MDM for my business but i have hit a problem. When trying to map supplier name and supplier id from my source data to my destination data i do the following

Source Data Destination Data

Supplier ID > Supplier

Supplier Name > Supplier Name (manually added field in the console)

I was expecting that Supplier would show up the Supplier ID that i had previously loaded into MDM (which it does) and the supplier name to show the name of the supplier. However, Supplier name is also showing the supplier id, even though in the data manager in the suppliers tab it does show the supplier name. Would it be possible for someone to tell me if they have had a similar scenario. I have tried to do different combinations of display fields and unique field, but it still doesn't work. If i change the display field to supplier name instead of Supplier ID, it does the opposite and displays the supplier name in both the supplier name field and the the supplier field.

In my mind i think that somehow i have to make it so that the supplier name field that i have manually created in the catalog item table in the console looks for the supplier name in the supplier lookup table, but i am not sure if this is right, or how to do it. Can anyone help please?

Edited by: Simon Ryder on May 22, 2008 7:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

As SAP has given standard SRM-MDM Catalog.a2a file, you dnt need to create other as you said.

Supplier Name > Supplier Name (manually added field in the console)

because in Sub table Suppliers we have already these two fields available i mean Supplier Name(DF) and Supplier ID as you first fill records in this sub table Suppliers using standard map _MDMSupplierListTransmission, so firstly all the values get fetched in this subtables for example

Supplier Name Supplier ID E-mail Address Phone No

Agency00 1234 xyz a.com 6789

Agency02 4567 abca.com 6754

After this once you start sending main table records where main table field *Supplier which is look up to Sub table Suppliers .

so , if you have Supplier Name as source field then you can directly map with your destination *supplier field, i mean in Import Manager,

Source Fields Destination Fields

Supplier Name ----

> Supplier

Source values Destination Values

Agency00 ----

> Agency00

Else if you have Supplier ID as source Field then map as

Source Fields Destination Fields

Supplier ID ----

> Supplier

Source values Destination Values

1234 ----

> Agency00

as you know this 1234 Supplier ID in subtable Suppliers is corresponding to Supplier Name Agency00,

So i think there is no need to create other more Supplier Name (manually added field in the console)

Hope it helps you,

Rewards if useful....

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on May 23, 2008 8:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that. It was not quite what i wanted to achieve, but i have managed to make it work as i wanted to with some of the information you supplied.

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will you explain a bit more about the data model you have configured? I'm not sure I am following the problem you describe.