cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Document Structure for existing project in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

We have all the project document saved using Solution manager . we have ended with Phase1.

We are starting Phase2 and they are asking me to creat different folder as Phase to in existing project and store all the Documents

Can any one please tell me how to create New folder and store the documents in Existing project

Point will given for helpfull Answer

Thanks

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

If, by the term "Phase 2", a new rollout or a new implementation is meant, I would even question as to why you are aiming to store documents in the same Project.

Ideally, 1 Implementation is meant to store documents belonging to one life-cycle (Project Prep -> Blueprint -> Realisation -> Final Prep -> Go Live).

For the 2nd Implementation, you should ideally opt for a fresh implementation project.

If, the 1st project has a lot of documents in common with 2nd, you have a few options. The simplest of them being to 'copy' project 1 into project 2 - and make some house keeping, to retain only what you need.

This is a major area of discussion, debate and finalisation. My views here are merely to raise some questions you should look into.

Regards,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivasan Radhakrishnan on May 23, 2008 6:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srini

Thanks for the answer. Can you please give the procedure to copy are create a new project ?

Please guide me

Thanks

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Assuming you have full authorisations, the procedure is simple.

Please go SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction.

From the menu please select Project -> Copy

In the ensuing screen, key in your desired project name, scroll through the other checkboxes to see if you are happy with the default choices; if not, take corrective actions.

In the last set of radi buttons "Desired behaviour at later version comparison", the default choice (2nd entry there - Adjust target project to the original of the source project) is fine.

From your scenario, since you do not have a Template -> Implementation Project functionality and instead are copying from one Implementation to the other, this radio button is of little consequence.

Execute the process.

In the window that comes up, please choose Local Object, assuming that you do not want to capture the whole contents into a 'Transport'. This is more required if you are aiming to copy the project from one SolMan instance to another.

It would give an information message "Generating in batch job (Name ......)

In a few minutes, you'd receive an intimation of the Project being copied.

That's pretty much about it. Have a check on the newly created project in SOLAR01.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

I was able to copy the Structure as per u r procedure. Can please tell me can i create new structure as per the below reuirements? and please tell me how we can create and upload the documents for the copied project ?

The modules that will be addressed for the Phase 2 are as follows

1. Compensation planning

2. Job catalogues

3. e-Recruiting

Graduates Program

4. HR Admin Portal

5. Admin Re & Pro Insurance migration

- Migration of employee data

- Payroll and other processes

6. Payroll

7. Succession planning

7. System Decommissioning

- Global Data Warehouse

- Executrac

Few things to be taken care of:

a. One or more of these modules would already be present in the Phase 1. We will NOT recreate it.

b. We will create Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3 etc folders under each of these modules and add the respective documents to those Phases respectively.

Thanks for your help

Bhaksar

Answers (0)