cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 kernel patch level and AIX 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm here to ask your help to find any documentation about compatibility between SAP kernel 700 (patch level 133) and AIX 5.3

Client system administrator upgrade hw and operating system to our Quality environment and they asked a compatibility test between this two component of the architecture.

Full config is:

SAP ECC6, kernel 700 patch level 133

ECC6 EhP2 installed

AIX 5.3 operating system

DB2 v8.1.5

Is there any patch i must apply to the kernel or any operation i must do at os level?

Thanks in advance.

Bye,

Andrea

Edited by: Andrea Cioffarelli on May 22, 2008 4:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you AIX runs then there´s no compatibility check with the SAP kernel necessary. SAP certifies operating systems, not hardware.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the fast answer, i was wondering about the need to apply any SAP kernel patch. Previous os version was 5.2 and the patch level was increased to 133 in SAP to meet some requirements.

Anow, that we have 5.3, i was bothering myself regarding any action that must be taken to mantain the compatibility, with the new upgraded version (AIX 5.2 -> 5.3) but maybe it's no necessary.

Andrea

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

5.2 and 5.3 are treated "equally". You can check note

972262 - Inst.NW 7.0(2004s)SR2/Business Suite 2005 SR2-UNIX

Section "Required AIX Maintenance Level (ML) and Technology Level (TL)" if your OS patchlevels are high enough.

If you´d go to 6.1 then you should check

Note 1137862 - Using SAP systems with AIX 6.1

Note 087498 - Support for AIX 6.1

Markus

Answers (0)