SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing IS-U with another financial ERP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has any comments or information regarding the interfacing of IS-U billing with an external, non-SAP financial system. I am thinking that the best way to accomplish this is to somehow convert reconciliation key data into an IDOC or other file format then export it to the financial system to be loaded into the G/L, but I am not sure if this is correct, or where to even start looking at configuring this sort of thing in the IMG or through exits or custom FI-CA function modules.

Does anyone have any experience in this area or can provide any guidance?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We had an interface where FICO data <after FICA Recon keys transfer>is send to another SAP data. The data is send through iDocs. We have used standard iDoc sturcutre ACC_DOCUMENT01. We modified the iDoc and tuned to our requirements before sending the data to another SAP.

Coming to your query, you are right and can use iDocs to send the data to the non-SAP system. As you are sending the billing data, you can search for appropriate iDocs in WE30.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Rajenda, that is helpful information.

So I think from what you are saying, as long as the rec keys make it out of IS-U/CCS and into the financial system, we are not missing any of the pertinent billing data. I will probably also need to transfer other information, such as meter changes, etc. to the financial system (which also manages inventory) but I am most concerned with the financials and ensuring that I do not miss anything.

Thanks for the help... points have been awarded.

Geoff

0 Kudos

Geoff,

Yes...ensure that you take all the recon keys in the account with out missing any....of course you can use table DFKKKO table <header for FICA docs>{for every Invoice, there wud be an FICA doc}...you can also look into table DFKKSUM & DFKKSUMC too...

I do not think you need to worry about the meter reads coz

1. There shall be MRU>Billing>Invoice>FICA doc>FIGL Info.

2. Meter reads does not hold any financial info... so you need to worry about it

Hope this helps...thanks for the points

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great... Yes, I am very familiar with those tables from other exits and reports, so that should not be a problem. I just want to be sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks again - much appreciated!