cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order completion status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because we need to start batch managing one department's items (another long story that is), I have discovered that there are many sales orders since installation in 1999 that still have a "partially complete" status despite being invoiced and paid for etc. I have discovered that it seems to apply to order lines that necessitated a Purchase order creation with delivery directly to a customer from that supplier i.e. no GR here or delivery created here.

Is there a quick and easy way of updating these sales orders so they are complete to SAP. And what can we do to ensure such sales order lines do not do the same in the future where Purchase orders are created. Are we missing something obvious in Purchase Order processing as well?

Thanks

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jim

I hope using these reports you can extract the required data . and you can do mass maintainence for those customers

Incomplete Sales orders - V.02

Incomplete delivery - V_UC

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Srinath

Those transactions threw up a few more that I hadn't checked for via SQVI and VKUK/VKUP selections. A lot mentioned CO-PA settings that didn't exist at the time of entry - possibly because we just started using that a few years ago.

But it's the sales orders with status B that are the most worrying still. I cannot understand why the Invoice verification of the Purchase Order doesn't filter back to the Sales Order for which the PO was created in order to complete the status setting of the Sales Order. Unless we are missing something from the process that they do not perform. They are adamant they are doing all they should.

Regards

Jim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You should go for a customised report which should list out all the orders(which has SD doc category - C) between a specified period, which are having incomplete status(by checking VBUK table) and later it should list out all the line items in that incomplete orders.

Now it should check the VBUP table and should filter all the line items that are having incomplete status.

Now a BDC should run and assign a Value in the Reason For Rejection field for those line items.

This will change the status at line item level and ultimately at header level and the orders will be closed.

If this report is customised, can be run periodically and can close all those kind of orders.

Hope it is clear....

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ravi

ideally I was hoping not to have to write something to do this i.e. hoping for a little known SAP transaction that would miraculously clear all the old rubbish!! The only problem I havew with the status files VBUK & VBUP is the mass of different statuses in them and being confident of which which (or ones) to actually change. For example, they both have an overall status field. Is that the one to change or do I have to change any of the others as well. I must admit I cannot find a detailed description of the impact of the others.

What I really need ifor the future is advice on how a Purchase Order created as a result of a Sales Order can be formally closed if it is delivered straight to site (we are in the construction business) and these goods are not registered here by GR etc although we use MIRO to get the IV in place.

Thanks

Jim