cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontaracting Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am trying to map subcontarcting scenario (SNP) in which there are multiple PPM on the Vendor location. This is because there are different rate of Production for vendor lines and capacity have to Checked for them i am using SNP optimizer . Can this scenario be maped .If Yes then how ?

urgently require help in this scenario mapping

Regards

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken

You are absolutely right , i followed the same process as mentioned by you but the system is not able to attatch the BOM component to the purchase requistion which are published in ECC, any suggestion to over come this

Rajan

hubert_spohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Subcontracting scenarios with more than one production version (resp. PPM or PDS) are supported with SCM 5.1 (see Release Info for SCM 5.1 )

Up to SCM 5.0 there only can be one production version per purchase info record as already mentioned above.

Hubert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajan,

The Subcontracting scenario in SNP works with PDS & not right with PPMs. Please change your Master Data you bring across PDS at Subcontracter instead of PPMs across to APO. PDS cannot be maintained in APO. They are display only I remember. They originate from a Production Version maintained for the FG material that the Subcontracter is manufacturing which is attached to the BOM.

I'd tried this scenario long back in SCM 4.1 succesfully. But again I had only 1 rate of Production specified in PDS in the BOM. (No Routing).

Hope this helps. Reward points if it does.

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ken

You are absolutely right , i followed the same process as mentioned by you but the system is not able to attatch the BOM component to the purchase requistion which are published in ECC, any suggestion to over come this

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a good question...

CIF normally only supports 1 PPM since the pur info record only allows 1 production version to be entered.

If you CIF over PP/DS PPM's and then somehow recreate these as SNP at the vendor location, I am not sure R/3 will recognize and select the correct production version to determine the components...

If you are talking about resource consumption only, that would be easier to do; but you will still have to manually create the other PPM's at the subcon and link them to the same PP/DS PPM.

Ken snyder