SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BILLDOC v DOCUMENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi is there a reason why I would use the BILLDOC emigall object to migrate bills rather than just migrate open items since the last bill using DOCUMENT object?

Thanks,

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi, Michelle

Using object DOCUMENT, you will migrate open items. BILLDOC migrates billing documents.

The answer to your question is: depends.

If you want to have a history for that customer, you can migrate bills (these are calculations, like bill docs, not invoices - open items), meter readings and so on. This information can be used afterwards, to make corrections for pre-migration periods.

Also, you can migrate bill docs if you have a calculation in the legacy systems, but you didn't generate any invoice from that calculation, and you want to generate that invoice in the new ISU system. Still, our approach was to invoice everything in legacy systems and then freeze the system. All further billing and invoicing was done in ISU.

But... you will have to migrate larger volumes of data, with higher risk of error.

Until now, we only used EMIGALL to migrate open items, no history for that customer, and all corrections for past invoices were done in legacy systems and then uploaded into ISU.

So, if you want to migrate history for that customer or you want to invoice consumptions calculated, but not invoiced in legacy systems, you may migrate bill docs. But I would advise against it, since it means another migration object and another bunch of errors.

If you have further questions, ask. I hope this cleared a bit the problem.

Bogdan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member

Hi, Michelle

Using object DOCUMENT, you will migrate open items. BILLDOC migrates billing documents.

The answer to your question is: depends.

If you want to have a history for that customer, you can migrate bills (these are calculations, like bill docs, not invoices - open items), meter readings and so on. This information can be used afterwards, to make corrections for pre-migration periods.

Also, you can migrate bill docs if you have a calculation in the legacy systems, but you didn't generate any invoice from that calculation, and you want to generate that invoice in the new ISU system. Still, our approach was to invoice everything in legacy systems and then freeze the system. All further billing and invoicing was done in ISU.

But... you will have to migrate larger volumes of data, with higher risk of error.

Until now, we only used EMIGALL to migrate open items, no history for that customer, and all corrections for past invoices were done in legacy systems and then uploaded into ISU.

So, if you want to migrate history for that customer or you want to invoice consumptions calculated, but not invoiced in legacy systems, you may migrate bill docs. But I would advise against it, since it means another migration object and another bunch of errors.

If you have further questions, ask. I hope this cleared a bit the problem.

Bogdan