cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Webservices in Search (caching problem?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've developed some EJBs and deployed them to the WAS. I then created a WSIL Destination in NWA.

In Visual Composer I see the methods in my Search Pane no prolem.

I have since added 2 new methods to my service, deployed them, and tested them in Webservice navigator. Again no problem.

Now in VC I choose my destination and search it. Now it only shows the origonal methods and not the 2 new ones. Has anyone else experienced this and got a work around? If I create a new destination and point it to the WSDL file directly then it works. Surely I don't have to do this everytime I change my web services?

On older versions of VC you had a similar problem which was resolved by turning off client caching in the VC Compiling Options, but this no longer exists in 7.1.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Russ.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

If you Right click the service in VC and choose the Redefine Ports option.

In the Redefine Ports there is the Reimport button on the buttom-left side of the screen.

Click it and then check if the fields were added...

Regards,

Udi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russel,

I have had similiar issue as that of yours, but then the simple solution to it is what Udi suggested, there he mentions that the fields will be visible but this is also true for the (later added) methods. On doing reimport, even if there are no changes found in the component versions this somehow has effect on the search. After reimport, Now if you click "Search" you would see your two methods.

Good luck,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

you can do the following to force VC to refresh the method list of a web service:

• NetWeaver Adminitrator http://server:port/nwa

• Operation Management -> Systems-> Start & Stop

• Select Java EE Applications on the left

• under the name field of the table put com.sap.portal.connectors.ws and press enter

• Select the service

• Click the stop button andd then the start button

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai ,

Go to Tolls ->options ->compiler->select datareservice trieval -> select Drop down select Get Latest . -> click ok

it will work almost .

But some time it wont work .

the u just rename wht u imported into portal and devlop again that it .

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This option only exist in VC 7.0 and Russ specifically asked how to do it in VC 7.1

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Udi ,

I have no Idea here im wrkg in vc7.0 . iam sorry how to get print option in VC7.1

Regards ,

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Caching of services in VC has several layers:

1. Connectivity layer: VC Connectivity caches results (search and discovery) for better performance. Services search over regestries such as WSIL and SR, has higher importance to cache, since the time needed for the search may be expensive. Clearing the cache can be achieved in two means:

a. Restart the Web Services connector (note: 1088382 or using NWA start-stop J2EE application)

b. disable the caching of the connector (Note: 1123574) - should be used if the backend services definitions are undergoing masive changes, and should be turned off after finishing the massive services definotions development.

2. VC Design time cache: VC stores its own replication of the definitions "VC Proxies" to save rountrips to the backend. The proxies can be viewed in VC managed models (data services) and are stored and re-used per VC DC. The proxies can be manually cleared from the managed model dialog or using the re-import functionlity (prefered) over the infoshape (mouse right click)

Guidelines:

If the service had changed --> use re-import (2)

If services were added/removed --> clear the connector cache (1.a / 1.b)

Best Regards,

Ran