cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem file format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a simple file to file scenario without IR.

The transferred file has a prob that it gets genetared as a single stream file without any line seperations.

eg source

1 aaaaa xyz

2 bbbbb abc

generated file

1 aaaaa xyz 2 bbbbb abc

How can this be resolved any suggestions??

Mudit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You could use th FCC parameters such as FieldSeperator , endSeperator for Line seperation.

Refer

refer the below FCC weblog for more detail:

FCC

Receiver FCC no need of Endseparator

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/08/03/file-adapter-receiver--are-we-really-sure-about-the-concepts

Receiver-

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

Sender -

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Key value:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter -

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on May 22, 2008 1:08 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am not getting to the structure level of the file from transfer .Its a file to file transfer withour IR(no mapping).

Mudit

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats y i suggested u a module, which acts at the Adapter engine level and does not involve mapping

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prateek,

But here in the module it requires the recordset name so wht will that be in my case??

Mudit

prateek
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as per the documentation its a module to convert XML to Flat file but in my cas its never getting transformed to XML .

Its a file to file conversion itself.

Some prob with the encoding??

Mudit