Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To print Quality certificate for different Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario as explained below:

1. Material A inspected for all the Inspection characteristics and Material B inspected only for critical Insp characteristics.

2. In quality certificate for Material B, we need to print the Insp characteristics from Inspection results of Material A.

Please guide me how I can tackle the above issue.

Thanks,

Udaya Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should use the "Results from the Production Chain" functionality that is available in the COA setup. You add the characteristics and select "From production chain" for results origin. There is a button in the header of the profile to define the materials from the chain to be used. I am assuming you are making Material B from Material A. You will need to make sure the batch-where used list is updated and being used.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the "Results from the Production Chain" functionality that is available in the COA setup. You add the characteristics and select "From production chain" for results origin. There is a button in the header of the profile to define the materials from the chain to be used. I am assuming you are making Material B from Material A. You will need to make sure the batch-where used list is updated and being used.

Craig

Dear Craig,

Thanks for your reply,

Actually usage of production chain option is ruled out in our case as we are doing long testing for only some batch managed materials.

Here Material B and Material A are parallel materials both having same material type.

To be more clear:

Say we are into polythin film continuous production :

1. In a shift we produce around 8-10 Jumbo Rolls.

2. In QA, only one Jumbo roll undergo Long testing , inspecting all quality parameters and remaining Jumbo rolls will be of short testing.

3.Based on the customer order, Jumbo rolls will be slitted to various sizes and these also batch managed.

4. During Quality certificate for Short testing Slit rolls, we need to fetch results from long testing rolls.

Hope it is more clear now.

Please guide what should be the approch for such a scenario.

Thanks,

Udaya Kumar

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No solution. Your tested batch/inspection lot have no relation in SAP to the batch/inspection lot your reporting the cert on. Since there is no relation, then SAP has no way to retireve the results.

The only way to get the result is for you to develop a custom solution for this. First, you need to figure out how SAP is to find the correct test results. I.e. which test results will belong which batch/inspection lots. What I think I might suggest would be to create all these Long tests as Long-term master inspection characteristics. Add them to all inspection plans for this process.

I wouuld then probably create a program that would work in one of two ways.

1) When the long testing is completed:

A) a follow-up action copies all the applicable test results to the related lots with open long-term inspections. You'll lhave to develop that logic!

B) a manual program, that after testing is complete a user uses the program to identify the copy from lot, and the system presents a list of all lots with open long-term inspections from which the user selects the approriate lots. Upon saving, the system copies the results.

2) A nightly program, or shift-wise program that runs automatically or manually and copies results.

SAP also has a Mill products solution available. You might want to look into that to see if that has any functionality you might be able to use.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your guidance, I work on the logic as mentioned in your mail.

Regards,

Udaya Kumar