Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with sapnwrfc-0.19 and NWRFC_1-20002252

ulrich_anhalt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

for a few month now I'm working with the combination sapnwrfc-0.19 and SAP NetWeaver RFC SDK NWRFC_0 (Linux x86_64 RHEL5). I changed to the sapnwrfc-Version because I have a lot to do with unicode systems and I'm quite happy with this decision (many thanks to Piers Harding for his effort).

But there is a problem with the always growing trace-files and so I hoped with the update, NWRFC_1 this problem will be solved. So I build the sapnwrfc-0.19 against the NWRFC_1 without any errors. But when I try to connect to an sap system and call some function modules I always get the following error

/usr/bin/ruby: symbol lookup error:

/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/nwsaprfc.so: undefined symbol: strlenU16

I looked for missing libraries with ldd but could not find anything. With Linux_32 (gentoo) I have a similar problem. I always get a segmentation fault.

Does anyone has an explanation for this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ulli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ulrich_anhalt
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

with NWRFC_2xxx and ruby - sapnwrfc-0.20 it works for me now.

Best regards

Ulli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ulli,

I want to use the perl version of Pierce Harding's sapnwrfc-0.17 with NWRFC_2-20002251.

On SLES10 (32Bit) i get a similar failure like you when calling the perl script.

/usr/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/auto/SAPNW/Connection/Connection.so: undefined symbol: strlenU16

I suppose the problem has to do with the new NWRFC from SAP, but can't downgrade to an older version (the download has been removed at "Service Sap Marketplace")

Regards

Sascha