cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add used DCs ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would you be kind to tell me how to overcome next issue.

I have created Product - SC and track in NWDI, and after importing configuration into NWDev Studio under Developer Configuration Perspective I tried to create DC as WebProject. And that's work fine, but, on the end of creation I get next message

Some used DCs are not availabe locally

You have to sync used DCs for this project

Ok, I try to sync used DC but I get next message

ERROR: failed to resolve reference "sap.com/jms"

Cannot find compartment of used component: sap.com:jms

Someone can help me???

Just in addition when I try to add to the project external JARs it works fine but after building I get again error and previously added external JARs are gone from list.

Thanks in advance.

Aleksandar

I have created DC as Web Project and after create

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have imported all the required SCs and that you are able to see the DCs inside them in the Component Build Service(CBS).

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

Thanks for your answer. I checked what was suggested by you and here is description.

In CBS, in compartments, I can see my SC but I can't see any DC under Total DCs columns ( I built two that belong to mentioned SC). On another side, in DTR I can see all my DCs. From NWDev Studio I can do checkin but when I do activate I get next message

Activation failed: CBS Server Error: The compartment for given software component is being initialized( internal code: BS_SC_META_DATA_NOT_AVAILABLE).

In addition I would like to mentioned that during defining Track Data, I defined my SC as well as Required SC.

I really appreciate on your help.

Aleksandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandar,

As far as I know the development works like this in NWDI:

1. There is a developed SC that is going to be developed. For this SC to build in integration with other dependent SCs the dependencies are first defined in the System Landscape Directory.

2. Now when you add this developed SC to the track definition, the dependent SCs will automatically get into the track as required SCs.

3. When you save the track Buildspace will get created in the CBS for all the SCs i.e the Developed SC and Required SC, but workspace will get created in DTR only for the developed SCs and not the Required SC.

4. Next step would be to import the required SCs in the track, after which the DCs can be seen in the buildspaces of required SCs. If you do not see DCs then the build of the SC that is using required SC might fail complaining the DC that is being used by the developed DC is unknown.

In your case there are two possibilities:

1. Your developed SC SC1 is using another developed SC(developed in the same track) SC2 at build time. In this case you can see if the DCs are available in DTR for SC2. If they are available in DTR but not visible in CBS, then you can try initializing the compartment in CBS for SC2. After which the DCs should be visible for SC2 and you should be able to build SC1

2. Your developed SC SC1 is dependent on SC2 that is not developed in you track. In this case you will be able to see the SC2 only in CBS and if there are no DCs visible in CBS for SC2, you need to manually checkin the archives for SC2 and import it into dev and cons, after which yuo should be able to see the DCs in CBS, consequently SC1 should also build fine.

Hope I have not confused you

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

First of all thank you very much on your answer and time, after your first post I was thinking for a while and thanks to some doc I saw that I missed to import required SC. So your second post is correct and thank you very much (so all points are yours ) but what I am facing is problem with importing required SC to Development system. The process last too long and on the end failed but this I will post to another post.

Thanks again for your time and effort

Best Regards,

Aleksandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshatha,

i got also an SC1 which depends on another SC2 (not developed in the same track as SC1). The SC2 is visible in CBS but without DCs. You recommended to check in the SC2 manually and after that to import them in dev and cons.

Did i understand you right, that i have to check in the SC2 archives into the track, therefore the DCs are visible in CBS? I doesn't have an idea, how i have to handle the manual check in. There is a tab named "check in" in transport studio, but the SC is not visible there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Yes you have to manually checkin SC2 archives and import it into dev and cons. In transport studio in the checkin tab you have a button "Configure checkin" where you need to specify the location of SC2 archive. After that SC2 will be visible for checkin in the queue. You can also go through the link below to know more about check in of archives:

Configuring Checkin Options:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a8/666db59aa540b982479511cdaffd4e/content.htm

Checking in Software component archives:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/78303136c1418ebe1f235c7b3b444d/content.htm

Checking in and importing required SCs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/6760b8d7b64b6eb74052eb5bdf1405/frameset.htm

Akshatha

Answers (0)