Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down in table

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a drop down in a dynamic table in an interactive form, I want to populate the rest of the fields in the same row with data coming from the back-end dependent on the value selected in the drop down.

Is this posible and if so, how can I implement this.

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do u mean that depending on the drop down value u have to fetch the data from the back end and hav to populate the same in other fields of the same row? if the answer is yes then its tough since you have to trigger a submit or check field button event when ever u select the a dropdown value.

Thanks

Gopal

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

No. The data from the backend should already be present in one of your DataNodes. Get the data from the backend while initializing the application, and store it in the application context. Then refer to this context node on the "onChange" event of the dropdown list.

See this weblog to access data in your dataNode

/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2007/09/03/accessing-data-nodes-in-sap-interactive-forms

hope this helps.

harman

pbechani
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harma.

Thank you. That was helpful.

Regards,

Prince

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

That is possible. Here is some info to get you started:

You need to place the following line of code in the onChange event of your dropdown list:

//Following line gets the current value of your drop down list
var dropDownValue = $.boundItem(xfa.event.newText);

//Following line of code will place the value in a field named 'TestField' of the corresponding line in the table
TestField.rawValue = dropDownValue;

Hope this helps.

Harman