cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent : Generation of file "application".xml fails and deploys aborted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently took over an application (called RDAS) and downloaded if from DTR. But this didnt work well (all sources files have been downloaded, but lots of models and custom controllers were missing in the webdynpro perspective). This has been fixed well by modifying manually file Rdas.wdcomponent

I just found out that in my component, a window and it's view are also missing (no links with any other windows or views of my application). This window just contains a view and acts as a popup (no navigation link or so with the rest of my component). I modified files Rdas.wdcomponent and RdasInterface.wdcomponentinterface and it builds well. No errors. I can now find my missing window and view in the webdynpro perspective.

But since then I can not deploy anymore. I get the following errors:

Web Dynpro Generation: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.repository.RepositoryRuntimeException: Failed to parse XML document containing VMO=com.alstom.power.rdas.wd.Rdas., D:/Workspace_JDI/0/DCs/power.alstom.com/rdaswd/_comp/gen_wdp/configuration/Applications/com.alstom.power.rdas.wd.Rdas/Rdas.xml

And when I check in the generated files, the xml file associated to the application is not genetared anymore.

Any ideas?

Points rewarded for any help

Thanks

Yann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally I figured out what was wrong.

An entry was missing in file RDAS.wdcomponent (views have to be inserted in the views list and also in the components list).

Do I deserve points?

I think so