Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not getting displayed .

Former Member
0 Kudos

________

Hi All,

+I am trying to work with the tutorials on the net for web dynpro. But I get the erroes below on all the serever we have.+* _____________________________________----

*While trying to retrieve the URL: http://gbdci550.us.panasonic.com:8011/sap/public/myssocntl?sap-client=800

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for gbdci550.in.ibm.com

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.

Check if the address is correct.

__________________________________----

___-__

+Now if I go to lan settings on internet explorere and change the lan settings as below: -+

*Do not use proxy address begining with us.panasonic.com..

Then the error changes to as below. Please help me with the settings that I need to do .

The page cannot be displayed

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

Please let me know what settings am I supposed to do.

Rgds,

Anupma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The URL looks good - so it isn't like a FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) problem. It is likely that you will have to talk to your local administrators (network and basis). You could have the URL (profile parameter icm/hostname_full) specified incorrectly in your application server. More likely you might have a segmented network and only certain address or ports are opened through the network (perhaps VPN based). This would of course be specific to your company's network layout and not the SAP software itself. Make sure your network admins, have opened URL - HTTP/HTTPs access to this particular server. In many companies people have traditionally only opened the ports necessary for SAPGUI communications and not HTTP/HTTPS when dealing with their SAP based solutions.