cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S - Deletion of inheritance relationship of specifications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While trying for deleting the inheritance relation of specification it is giving error message that"Inheritance relationships could not be deleted" .In help it is telling that "The inheritance relationship could not be deleted since it is currently being processed by the background program for multilevel inheritance.Wait until the program has finished. On the Relationships tab page in the header data you can

use the Addit. info. pushbutton to check whether the job is running for the background job for data inheritance.

use the Restart inheritance pushbutton to manually restart the inheritance"

So i checked out the push button , but i could not find the information which indicates that program is running or not.how to know this? which will indicate that program is running? can we stop it & delete it? please guide me.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have the authorizations that you also require for approving an inheritance relationship (see the "Prerequisites" section under Inheritance).

· You have executed the Editing Specifications procedure and are on the screen for editing the header data of the specification for which you want to approve an inheritance request.

Procedure

1. Choose the Relationships tab page.

2. In the corresponding table, select the row of the inheritance relationship that you want to delete.

3. Choose with the quick info text Delete inheritance rel.

4. Specify whether the data passed on should also be deleted.

Check the program RMPSP_CHECK_ATTR_INHERITANCE

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Keshav,

thank you very much

In my relationship tab the status of the inheritance is Data is ready to inherit , that means it should start the background job & it should show whether the data is consistent or not & should show respective status. but here my status is not changed from ready to inherit to the next status.how to change the current status to the next? I checked the additional information , it is not showing the name of the job. What may be the problem?

Please do the needful

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

The background program can be scheduled as per the requirement like every 1 hour or so;

One more reason could be you have to close the inheritance specifications, source and target; then you should run the program; if not the program will terminate;

check this and let me know

Regards,

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshav,

Thank you very much. I closed the specification and the status been changed to Error ( not showing consistency) . now please tell me how to check the error and over come that error.Please tell me how to check whether program is running or not coz as you said in the last mail , i went through the link and there was a suggestion telling that ' click to ' i 'push button for the program details. but i really didn't get anything from that button.

Please do the needful.

Thanks and best regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

check whether any of the prerequisites for inheritance are met or check any conditions like Usage of the Data in the Source Specification, Usage (Rating, Validity Area) in the Template

Usage of the Data to Be Passed On to the Target Specification are as mentioned in the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

Regards,

Keshav