cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager - Match records clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Import Manager, Match records I would like to have two different fields as match criteria, where I want to gave OR condition betweeen them, how do I achieve the same.

quick response would be appreciated.

thanks & regards

Alexander

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KlausDavid
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In the Import Manager under the tab "Match Records" all possible matching fields are listed in the "Mapped destination fields" box. With double click you can define them as matching fields, they show up then in the "Matching fields" box. An "OR" combination of fields exists, when each entry is displayed in a separate line, an "AND" combination of fields exists, when two entries are displayed in the same line. You can acchieve this by marking entries and pressing then the buttons "Combine" => two entries in one line or "SPlit" => each entry in one line.

After changing the entries, the matching is started again. In the matching results, you can see then, whether records have a 100% match (each of the selected fields) or a partial/conflict match. Partial and conflict matches mean, that at least one of the compared fields match.

This is described in detail in the Data Manager Guide.

Hope, this helps, Klaus