cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with storage files as a field of qualified table (+)

konstzhukov
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

I want to store different files (not only PDF) as a qualifier field of qualified table Documents. I created a field with type Lookup[Ext.Binary Object]in qualified table. First of all it can not be a qualifier. Why? Lookup [PDF] can do it. But it is not convinient for storing and external editing of some other file.

Is there any workaround for storage different files as a records of qualified table?

Thanks and regards,

Konstantin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Konstantin,

Can you please describe your business case so we can try and find a work-around for you?

This is a limitation of the current MDM data model, and should be eliminated in the future.

Anyway, if you just want a field that stores various types of files in a qualified table, you don't necessarily need to define it as a qualifier.

Only if your business case requires the file to be selected "per link", which means pre every cross-section between a record in the main table and a record in the qualified table, you need to define it as a qualifier.

I hope my explanation is comprehendible, and excuse me for explaining if you already knew this.

Regards,

Nir

konstzhukov
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Hi Nir.

The business case is the following:

There is a main table with products. Each product may have different number of parameters (there is a parameters list) and the value of these parameters has to refer to one or more files. I've created Flat Lookup Table "Parameters" and qualified table "Product Parameters" that have Lookup field "Parameter" (referred to Flat Lookup Table "Parameters") and field of type Lookup[Ext. Binary Object]. I want to store different files for different parameters for all products.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Konstantin.