cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic inspection lot creation upon reaching the next inspection date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi qm experts,

I have this scenario; my client wants to make an automatic inspection lot creation as well as posting to quality inspection stock of certain materials upon reaching its next inspection date defined in the msc2n transaction; how shall i make the inspection set-up of this materials??Thanks

Regards,

Matildo, Edsel F.

QM Consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kundan,

The window days is same as initial run in days.

(The opening period is calculated using the initial run in days.If the batch expiration date or the next inspection date is in the opening period, the chosen action is executed.)

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

Thanks for your reply, but still i cant understand fully. heres the client's requirement: they want the unrestricted stocks of all materials to make an automatic inspection lot and post them to inspection stock when they have reached their next inspection date: specified in the tcode(msc2n).that is only their requirement. they don't need any forms or specific time for inspection. only automatic inspection lots and posting to QI.

Here's my plan; i will just go to QA07 once and put the plant: ILI (to cover all materials in that plant); that is, i will leave as blank the materials and batch fields. ANd choose the (to inspection stock at inspection date button).

Would that be enough to make an automatic inspection lot and posting to QI if i will just do the QA07 transaction once to incorporate all materials???

thanks

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, you have me confused. You want to do this as a one time thing? I thought you want it to look every day, or every week, for batches that have reached their next inspection date?

If its a one time thing, then yes, just run QA07 one time. It only looks at unrestricted inventory. Do not set up any parameters in the bottom half of the screen for expiration date. If you do, any of those that have reached expiration date will be moved to blocked stock and no inspection lots created.

If you want this to run regularly, you, or someone, needs to use QA05 to set up the batch job to run on a regular basis witht the approriate "days" value for how often your running it and how far in advance of the inspection date you want lots created. And of course tick on "to inspection stock".

There is no "automatic creation" as I think your thinking. You either run QA07 once a day, or once a week or as often as you want to. OR you set it up in a batch job (QA05) to be run once a day, once a week or as often as you want to.

When the batch job is running, it 'appears' that the lots get created automatically. But it is the QA07 program being run in batch that is creating them.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Craig it really helps ...This is what I did. I made a variant in QA07, i put the plant but remain as blank for the materials(for it to cover all the materials) then tick the to inspection stock at inspection date. then save that variant. then i go to qa05 or sm36 to put the program and variant there..then i put period as daily to execute that program automatically..would that be the means craig..by that no human intervention is needed to create automatic creation of ilots to all materials that have reached their next inspection date?because its the qa05 that calls the program daily.am i right craig??

would the results be...everytime all the materials have reached their next inspection date...their is automatic creation of ilots beacuse of that set-up...am i right craig?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you have it correct.

Just as some more info:

The "window" value allows you to create the lots that many days ahead of the inspection date. So if you use a window of 14 days, the lots get created 14 days before they are actually due and remain in Unrestricted stock. With the setting you picked, if the UD is complete then the materials dates are updated and nothing happens to the material. If the UD is not completed, the stock is now moved to QI on the inspection date.

This allows the lab to see upcoming work without removing the stock from unrestricted stock.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Where you define this window date??

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard deadline monitoring. (QA07?). Set-up the 09 inspection type for the materials you want to inspect, create your plans and start the batch job. Most of this is pretty standard QM stuff.

Do you have a specifc question on the procedure?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes craig, thanks for the reply..but i already made the inspection type 09 in the material master. and made the msc2n job to put the NID(next inspection date)..however, i really dont know how i shall make the automatic inspection lot creation upon reaching the NID..could it be possible to make automatic inspection lot without passing QA07...how shall that batch job..my client is requesting that it shall be system that will do automatic creation of ilot upon reaching the next inspection date

without going to qa07??could it be possible??

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use QA07 to create the appropriate variants for the QA07. Then use QA05 to plan the job. Your BASIS people can do this if they want to have the job submitted under a standard batch job account. This is common in many companies. Your BASIS folks should be very familiar with setting up batch jobs. You can give them the program name (RQAAAS10) and provide them the variant or they can use QA05.

They SHOULD be able to take it from there. Many large companies have very specific forms that need to be filled out, and submitted for approval. The form usually has info like who to contact when if the job fails or the system crashes. If it it can be restarted automatically or someone needs to be called to do something, etc.. etc..

Craig