cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I assign a auto-reaction method to a XI adapter engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up alert monitoring for our XI 3.0 machine. I've assigned the auto-reaction method, CCMS_Send_Alert_To_ALM to the MTE class SXMBSysError in the integration engine. My developer says we need to assign an auto-reaction method to the SAP XI Adapter engine components as well (XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_ENGINE and

XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_JDBC) so that alerts are e-mailed if there is any error in java components. But when I select the properties of any node, it doesn't allow me to change method allocation. It always comes up with a message, "Properties maintenance not possible for SID/SID 00...".

When ever, we give a wrong user id in the JDBC adapter, my developer says it should raise an alert. I dont even know if we are testing it the right way. The alerts are raised and mailed when I run the test "RSALERTTEST" though.

We have a dual stack, I've registered CCMSR agent through VA, is it necessary to register manully as well? While registering, I've selected "Enable CCMS Customizing". I dont know if this has anything to do with it. I'm new to XI and this stuff is really confusing. Any help would definately be appreciated.

I know you might need lots of other information for this, so pls do feel free to ask if I need to provide you any further info.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your fast reply. I went through these documents many a times and even other help documents from SAP library. Evrything seems to be right. Moreover, they dont seem to talk about assigning auto-reaction methods to SAP XI Adapter nodes. We also have another issue. In the end-to-end monitoring of RWB, though there are errors in few channels, we see a lot of open messages but the errors is always 0. Any particular reason for this?

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the issue is with CCMSR agents. I went through the log files sapccmsr.1st and sapccmsr.log and found these. The first log has :

ALLOGLIB: INFO: Reading logsave.bin

ALLOGLIB: INFO: Logfile Monitoring: New version after upgrade: once create new tree from scratch

ALLOGLIB: INFO: Reading /usr/sap/ccms/PID_00/sapccmsr/sapccmsr.ini

ALLOGLIB: INFO: ok, no configuration for Logfile Monitoring. No entry LogFile <file_name> in configuration file /usr/sap/ccms/PID_00/sapccmsr/sapccmsr.ini found

ALLOGLIB: INFO: using template directory /usr/sap/ccms/PID_00/logmon for log file monitoring.

The most recent log has "ALLOGLIB: ERROR: statU() failed for /usr/sap/ccms/PID_00/logmon/sappip_PID_00_dsp_system_security_logmon, [errno = No such file or directory]. log file template will be ignored" for each template. The Path is correct and the file exists too.

Where do I assign the log file entries as it says in the log? did I miss something during registration?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vijay_b4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

This links does not solve your problem...may be you can get an idea....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ac/825f18c02e454dac8da51f4eb22265/frameset.htm

Properties and Methods of auto-reation

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/df1a6313-0a01-0010-c9a2-d76d3f11...

Reward points if this helps

Regards

Pragathi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I appreciate your help in this. But there is something strange that I found out. I hope this might ring some bells.

When I registered CCMS agents through VA, I got a message, the agent is succesfully registered.

But when I do a "sapccmsr -status" at the OS level, I get a message:

+$ sapccmsr -status+

+INFO: CCMS agent sapccmsr working directory is /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr+

+INFO: CCMS agent sapccmsr config file is /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr/csmconf+

+ERROR: cannot open config file /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr/csmconf.+

+INFO: Checking shared memory status of sapccmsr+

+******** CCMS Agent is not registered ********+

+******** sapccmsr Agent is not running ********+

I even see the agents in RZ21. Is it looking at the wrong directory??

Initially when I thought the registration was not successful, I tried to register again with the same credentials, It came up with a message successfully registered and

another message which said "Another CCMS Agent is already running with this profile."

So is it like I have two CCMS agents on my machine right now and its looking at the wrong one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know its long ago, but neverthe less the solution for others to check:

see note : 883361:

Solution

1. Check whether the agent involved is running. The process number of the agent process is noted in the agent log file "sapccmsr.log" or "sapccm4x.log" under "pid":

CCMS version 20040229, 32 bit, multithreaded, non-Unicode

compiled at Sep 22 2005

systemid 560 (PC with Windows NT)

relno 7100

patch text patch collection 2005/5, OSS note 809007 patchno 0

intno 20053800

running on P129685 Windows NT 5.1 2600 Service Pack 1 2x Intel 801586 (Mod 2 Step 9)

pid 3024

pro-file test.pfl

2. Check whether the agent process still exists.

3. If the process is no longer running, you can initialize the administrative data for the shared memory as follows:

Agent for J2EE and TREX instances:

sapccmsr pf=<instance profile> -j2ee -initshm

instance-independent agent:

sapccmsr -initshm

Agent for ABAP instances:

sapccm4x pf=<instance profile> -initshm

Regards