Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should SE03 be given to developers or consultant ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

should SE03 be given to developers or consultant ? because i find that they can actually access to "client setting" (SCC4) from SE03.

SE03 --> Set System Change Option --> Client setting

comment and advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

kent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is any harm giving them access.

However, just limit it to your DEV systems.

Rgds,

Amal

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there is any harm giving them access.

However, just limit it to your DEV systems.

Rgds,

Amal

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SCC4 is nothing else than a parameterized version if SM30. The client settings have more backdoors like SE03. Especially in dev systems I wouldn't worry too much as developers often have sufficient options to change this data. Taking transactions way from developers in dev systems only creates fake security.

To actually change client settings the user also needs S_TABU_DIS with ACTVT '02' and DICBERCLS 'SS'.

0 Kudos

hi Jurjen Heeck,

i modified the existing role and take out S_TABU_DIS with ACTVT '02' and DICBERCLS 'SS'.

but the id still can make changes in the client settings scree.

regards,

kent

0 Kudos

> i modified the existing role and take out S_TABU_DIS with ACTVT '02' and DICBERCLS 'SS'.

>

> but the id still can make changes in the client settings scree.

You've misunderstood me. That's what someone needs to change this table. If you give only ACTVT 03 they should have read-only access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Access to the set system change option in SE03 is usually given to just basis team. You can control access to this by using auth object S_CTS_ADMI - value SYSC.