cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOUT "connecttion lifetime" and "clean thread"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert, can you explain what "connection lifetime" and "clean thread" mean in JDBC Connector service to me ?thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Though I am no developer, here's what I found:

The JDBC Connector Service is a resource adapter based on the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) standard to enable you to connect to databases. It creates, manages, and stores in a pool the DataSource objects that are used to obtain physical connections to a database.

Next comes a document type definition (DTD) which is used for producing XML files for the creation of DataSource objects. What you asked are elements used to define this DTD. Explanation is:

1. ELEMENT expiration-control (connection-lifetime, run-cleanup-thread)

Connection-lifetime element specifies a period in seconds, after which the connection expires.

Used in: expiration-control

2. ELEMENT run-cleanup-thread (#PCDATA)

Isolation-level element determines a transaction isolation level for the DataSource object. If you do not specify the isolation level, the system uses the default isolation level of the used database.

Used in: data-source

ELEMENT isolation-level (#PCDATA)

Sql-engine element defines what type of connection the system should return.

Valid values:

Open_SQL u2013 the system returns a DBI CommonConnection

Native_SQL u2013 the system returns a DBI DirectConnection

Vendor_SQL u2013 the system returns a standard connection from JDBC driver (not using DBI at all)

Used in: data-source

Please follow Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/0bee3da7138e5be10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Please reward points if that helped.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i create a datasource,are the two attributes mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Justin,

No they are not .. not as per help.sap.com

These are attributes for element expiration control which is optional.

regards, Sean.