Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC4 entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in scc4,

changes w/o automatic recording, no transport allowed

the first part "changes w/o automatic recording" it means it allows direct changes to the system without creating any transport request.

how about the second part "no transport allowed" ? what does it mean ? does it mean the client will not be transported with other transport request ?

comment and advice will be highly appreciated.

thanks.

regards,

kent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The changes w/o automatic recording turns off the pop-ups that appear when you make a configuration change. The no transport allowed means that you can't create a transport request manually (in transactions like SE09 and SE10) and then stuff the changes into the transport request (i.e. changes are isolated to this client in this system).

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

This part :"The no transport allowed means that you can't create a transport request manually (in transactions like SE09 and SE10) and then stuff the changes into the transport request (i.e. changes are isolated to this client in this system)."

isn't correct. You can always stuff objects into transports in any system irrespective of the settings. I have done it hundreds of time in my production system and move the changes to other systems.

What no transport allowed means is that SAP won't automatically prompt you for saving changes in a transport request but forced inclusion is always an option.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Hmm. Then that doesn't match what I see in the help for that selection in SCC4. Here is what the help says:

"Flag that no transports are allowed"

This flag means that changes are permitted in the customizing settings of the client. The changes are not automatically recorded in a change request, however.

No manual transport of Customizing settings from the client is possible.

Use

This variant can be used for pure test clients.

I am guessing this means the transports can be created manually but not released (which I will check on).

Is that what you have found.

Thanks,

Joe

Answers (0)