cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP Netweaver 2004s On CentOS 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to install SAP Netweaver 2004s on CentOS 5 on a 64bit multiprocessor Dell Server. Is it possible to install on as its a upstream vendor OS clone RHEL5. Are there any detailed HowTo(s) Guides to install.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since CentOS is a clone for Redhat - technically it´s possible - but it´s not supported (Only Redhat Advanced Server and SuSE SLES are supported).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect!

SAP installed & running smooth on Centos 5.1 after some small tweaks.Now I have a full blown SAP server based on the robust CentOS platform, ready and roaring to be put to test.

Naren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let Me know incase you need the step by step guide on how to setup the CentOS environment for a successful SAP NW 2004s installation.In the process of preparing it.Will post the link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Congratulations! I am sure you have put a fair amount of work into making this system operational. However, what is the point? Is this just a system to play with? It certainly cannot be used productively, as said above, CentOS is not supported by SAP.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is for a training environment,which currently has 2 dedicated RHEL based high end servers and trainees are always accessing SAP on it and hence it stays busy almost throughout the day. Wanted to build another training server this time based on CentOS and at the same time cut the RHEL subscription cost and also have its stability. And also a POC in short.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendar,

When you say its for training, will SAP provide any support on the application server or database side?

I am also planning to use CentOS for training purpose.... but wondering if SAP will help if we have any issues later.

Also, can you provide me with the install steps for Centos?

Appreciate your help.

thanks,

raj

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say its for training, will SAP provide any support on the application server or database side?

No - as said - it´s not officially supported.

I am also planning to use CentOS for training purpose.... but wondering if SAP will help if we have any issues later.

If the problems are OS related they won´t help (and they can´t).

Also, can you provide me with the install steps for Centos?

I would try with the normal installation guides for Linux - if you face any issues let us know.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus.

After a successful install of SAP on centos and If I get problems that are non-OS related, can I seek SAP support?

-raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

>After a successful install of SAP on centos and If I get problems that are non-OS related, can I seek SAP support?

Well, you may get support from SAP, but I'm pretty sure you would have to prove that any problem is truly non-OS related. Even then, Support is likely to say that you are out of the Support agreement by installing on a non-supported OS, and not provide help. In other words, if you install on a non-supported platform, consider yourself "on your own".

I find the use case here very dubious in the first place. Subscription costs cover support. Using another OS to get around subscription costs means you are getting around support as well!

There is no free lunch...

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check WWW.service.sap.com/pam to know whether that platform is supported or not.

once you identify it as supported you can get inst guide at

www.service.sap.com/instguides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neranda, can you help how to setup CentOs to install SAP ERP

Thanks

Gilberto Gomes