cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I scheduled SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR job with user same DDIC authorization in client 250. Job is running successfully. As per SAP note 16083 and 966309 I came to know this job must always be scheduled in client 000 with user DDIC or with a user with same authorizations. Why we have to schedule this job especially in 000? What is the use of it? I know this a client dependent job but ABAP program RSCOLL00, is a centrally located program. We can call this program from any client then why so specific about client 000? I donu2019t see any issue in running the job in client 250. Can you please give me a detailed description?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravikanth,

Technically speaking it does not make a difference which client you run it from. It would do the same thing no matter where you would run it from.

Generally, all system monitoring jobs are run from 000. This is because only System Admins have access to 000 typically. So it is better to keep them to 000.

As far as I know, this job is not client dependant. The purpose of this job is to monitor the system performance and report data to the MTEs in RZ20. Data like database and OS stats etc does not depend on the client number. So running this job in other clients would not affect the data

So to make a long story short, as a matter of good practice, all System Monitoring jobs must be scheduled in 000.

These are just my views. I might be wrong. If any one would like to differ, I would welcome a healthy argument.

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Adding to Kunal's explaination, client 000 is basically base client for all system specific activities, from patch application to system level job scheduling. One reason behind it is, since it is an SAP standard client and second, you would never going to delete this client in future.

User DDIC is recommended, because of the same reason, i.e. it is a standard user withSAP_ALL and SAP does not recommend using SAP* for these activities and reserves it for very specific tasks. Also it is least expected, that you delete DDIC from client 000 in near future.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful feedback folks. Let me come out with my analysis. DDIC & client 000 are hard-coded into some reports from TCOLL and these reports will either not run (authorization problems) or will run incorrectly (wrong data, App Server missing) if you schedule SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR with the different user / client. It is hard to tell which these will be and probably this will include more in the future, simply put this is a system design convention used by SAP within SAP and this is the reason some reports will be designed like this maybe for various reasons. I believe that is the reason SAP strongly recommends that RSCOLL00 should run in client 000 under user DDIC. Another main reason would be to process under user DDIC is to avoid authority problems. To be sure that there result no client dependant problems in the processing of the programs in table TCOLL, SAP made the convention that they should run in client 000 under DDIC. It may be that some

programs in TCOLL may run also in other clients / users, but SAP cannot be sure that this is valid for all programs.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

>

> DDIC & client 000 are hard-coded into some reports from TCOLL

I would not say that, it is not hard-coded into some reports.

Usage of DDIC would be to have sufficient privileges, I can't see why you could not run it with a user that has the same authorization.

Basically it can run incorrect due to different customizing in your productive client (for example client 100) versus client 000.

Kind regards

Tom

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Please read the following example:

You install a ECC 6.0 system with support stack 11

The SAP standard customizing is present in your client 000

You copy your client 000 to your productive client (for example client 100)

After a number of months your client 100 already contains customizing that is specific for your firm. After some more time you update the support stack of the system to support stack 12

Your support packages will be loaded into client 000, however, the client specific customizing that is included in support stack 12 will only be present in client 000. Hence it is client specific.

You (or at least the business, functional teams) have to customize the newly defined things in your productive client yourself.

The link to job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR is that certain steps of this job (it runs a bunch of reports) use client specific data as a parameter to run the report.

Hope this info was useful, please reward points accordingly.

Kind regards

Tom