cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 advantages related to ESOA ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working as SAP XI/PI developer and i have read some blogs about the new feauters of PI 7.1 but i could not understand how we can use it in ESOA development.

The other thing is what are composite applications and what are the skills required to work with composite apps. we have a project coming up in composite apps and i want to know what are the skills required to work in composite applications.

any guidance or suggestions would be great

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

With PI 7.1 , IR is getting replaced by ESR. ESR would be used to define/design new Enterprise Services and then you can generate proxies to implement those services in either ABAp or JAVA.

Composite applications are cross system applications. Skill required are mainly JAVA ,CAF and CE 7.1

Hope this helps,

regards,

Piyush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srini,

PI can be used for 2 purposes.

1) System / Application Integration

Conventional PI scenarios like IDoc - file.. file to http....etc.

( 2) Applications Routing.

Ex A webservice exposed from an R/3 system to create a sales order can be

routed via PI.

These services can be used to create Composite Applications.

In short services for Comp App can be routed through PI.

Interfaces in PI7.1 are referred as Enterprise Services.

And hence the webservice at the backened when routed through PI becomes an Enterprise Service.

PI Adds a layer of abstraction.

Regards

Pushkar Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Use of PI in ESOA Development:

PI is the system which helps in integrating disparate processes by bringing the data to a common format for interchange.

In eSOA, PI acts as the broker which converts native datatypes to GDTs (Global Data Types). Data from one application are converted to the GDT format and then the data are sent in the wsdl format to the receiving application.

2. Composite applications:

These are custom applications which only have the UI layer created (generally). The functionality used by Composite Applications should already be present in the systems. e.g. One can use some functionality in SAP MM and some others in SAP SRM and build a composite application. The said composite application would typically use enterprise/web services from these applications and would be compliant with eSOA guidelines.

Composite applications are typically used to fill gaps in end-to-end processes or to have an innovative business process.

3. Skills for composite apps:

Visual Composer, Workflow builder, Enterprise portals, Java, PI, CAF etc. Not all are needed but may be helpful based on the requirements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick replies and suggestions, i appreciate your help and support