cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone explain the partner functions Freight checker, shipper, forwarding agent, what are there importance from SD (order,delivery) point of view? I am merging with a shipment model, and I was wondering what partner functions do I maintain on delivery(I definitely need carrier and driver)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One use of these partners is to print the various notes like order confirmation, delivery note. The other is for reporting purposes and also i believe this can be used for booking costs like delivery costs.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Notes can be maintained in text in sales order right? i am not maintaining text in customer master.

Depending on the forwarding agent chosen, can I default the carrier & driver in partner functions? any idea on user exit to tweak this? Also, is it possible to maintain a Z ship to party partner function, and not maintain the standard SH, I will be creating the records under standard acct grp for Ship to and defaulting from a custom table, I want it to behave the same way as SH. What effects can this have? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes text can be maintained in the sales order also you can flow this text to MIS or scripts using the functional module Read_Text.

You can create customer master records for forwarding agents and define the default driver and carrried. You can define all of these as partner functions and maintain its determinantion for the docs.

I am sorry am not very clear about the Z partner requirement. But the system allows you to create Z partners that behave jus like std.

Regards,

Saurabh Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi saurabh, thanks for your reply. Not sure what you mean by saying text to flow to MIS or scripts?

Can a freight forwarder or carrier be assigned to account grp for customer? or do I assign them to acct group for vendor (eg: 0005 acct grp std for carrier), and then create vendor record under that? in that case i don't have to assign it to partner determination of customer master, i can directly assign it to partner determination for sales header and delivery, right? If the shipment(VT01N) uses freight forwarder then is it necessay for delivery to have one? again not sure what exactly is the use of freight forwarder, i am not using it for notes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Uma

please create forwarding agent ( carrier ) by Tcode XK01 MK01.

Rest p'ner function as said by earlier expert. Please take care of customer group at the time of creating customer.

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't get exactly what your question.

Genarally we are using four patner functions they are

SP-Sold to Party

SH-Ship to Party

BP-Bill to Party

PY-Payer

In sales(order to delivery)

and we are using one more patner function for carry to consignment sales(SB)

regards

karunakar